The Trust Company
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Trust Officer & Director of Financial Planning
Manhattan, KS and/or Lawrence, KS Office
The Trust Company provides financial advisory, investment and fiduciary management services for approximately 600 individuals and business clients. The Trust Company provides expertise in the following accounts: discretionary investment management accounts, estate and trust accounts, retirement plans, IRAs, 401(k), profit sharing and charitable foundations.
The Financial Planner is responsible for assisting with client relationships as assigned, preparation of client financial plans, review of case analysis and modification, and client communications and research. This position will be part of a team and report to the Trust Officer(s). Additional oversight and support will be provided by the Director of Financial Planning.
- Provides support for clients by gathering data, developing financial plan analysis and scenarios, preparing plan updates, packaging and posting meeting materials, and managing meeting notes and action items.
- Attends, observes and participates in client meetings in a technical and support role as needed.
- Works with allied professionals on the client’s behalf as necessary to develop and update financial plans as well as fulfill client requests.
- Executes client action items and exhibits timely communication with clients to provide excellent client service.
- Develops financial review templates and meeting tools.
- Assists Trust Officer in business development and sales, which may include attending events and participating in community, civic or charitable organizations.
- Involvement in projects and research at the discretion of the Director of Financial Planning and Trust Officer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
- Certified Financial Planner™ or commitment demonstrated to earning designation within 3 years.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in dedicated financial planning position is preferred.
- Experience with MoneyGuidePro, BNA Income Tax Planner and/or other planning software is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication and grammatical skills.
- Highly proficient technical skills with the ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative information.
- Ability to work both independently and in team settings to show flexibility and versatility.
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks and prioritize individual workload responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively present information in various formats such as one-on-one, small groups or larger seminars.
- Ability to make effective decisions using impeccable ethical judgement.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens, mail, e-mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Ability to travel as directed by position requirements.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with internal and external customers.