CoreFirst Bank & Trust
Treasury Management/Business Banker
Director of Business Banking
8:00 am – 7:30 pm Monday through Friday; Other days and hours as needed - may exceed 40 hours a week
Treasury Management/Business Bankers are responsible for retaining and expanding existing bank relationships and soliciting new business from prospective customers.
Essential Job Functions
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Call on existing or prospective customers within the framework of a business development calling program
- Meet with customers or prospects to discuss their needs, outline appropriate company services to generate fee income, and resolve problems as necessary
- Document calls and results and provide weekly reports of calls to Director of Business Banking through Connections
- Ability to meet sales and service goals and call volume established by Director of Business Banking
- Make cold calls to establish new business for the bank
- Actively Pursue Commercial Loan Prospects and gather the necessary documentation required for Commercial Lender Review
- Establish customer need for investment products and make referrals to our Trust and Investment Department.
- Establish priorities and prepare itineraries
- Attend monthly Business Banker meetings
- Work with existing business development representatives on call territories and establish an area of focus
- Prepare and complete signature cards and resolutions
- Review files and other records for business development leads
- Compile and analyze statistics pertinent to the company’s and branch’s business development program and make recommendations or suggestions as appropriate
- Represent the company in various community functions to further enhance its image and develop additional business
- Conduct all interactions with internal and external customers in accordance with The CoreFirst Way
- Conduct all actions consistent with quality customer service, friendliness and the overall mission of the bank
- Achieve and maintain general knowledge of all aspects of the bank and our services in order to cross sell products and answer customer questions
3 to 5 years sales experience preferred
Previous banking experience including knowledge of bank products and services preferred
Customer service experience required
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred
Must demonstrate effective oral and interpersonal communication skills and perform presentations well in front of small and large groups. Courtesy, customer service, and tact are essential elements of the job. Must be able to handle confidential information appropriately. Ability to relate to and empathize with other people.
Adherence to the CoreFirst Bank & Trust Values of Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability. High level of skill in the CoreFirst Bank & Trust Competencies of Customer Focus, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Listening, oral and written communications
- Good time management skills with ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with timely follow through
- Ability to problem solve and be solutions oriented/focused
- Conflict resolution
- Detail and goal oriented
- Must be a self-starter and have a creative approach to selling
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Able to perform basic computer troubleshooting
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. Some light physical effort required.
Travel is negligible. It is primarily local during the business day, although some local evening and weekend travel may be needed.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applicants must pass a drug screening and background check.
Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job and should submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst Bank & Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.