Manhattan Area Technical College
Varies based on Employment Terms
As Stated in Offer Letter
Coordinator of Allied Health Continuing Education
The CMA Instructor is responsible for leading and directing students toward their goal of satisfactory completion of the Certified Medication Aide (CMA) course.
- Coordinates and instructs assigned CMA courses at the locations and times designated.
- Promotes the mission, philosophy, instructional goals and objectives of Manhattan Area Technical College (“MATC”) and utilizes the online learning management system.
- Develops and maintains an environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of resources provided.
- Prepares for classes and clinical sites assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical resources of the teaching site, and consistent with student needs/capabilities.
- Encourages students to meet acceptable performance standards as defined in course syllabi and by state guidelines.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, patients, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Evaluates student progress on a continuing basis, reporting in writing at designated times.
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students concerning their progress.
- Maintains accurate and auditable records of student attendance and performance as required by law, Board, and school policy.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing Board and college policy and procedure.
- Prepares course application forms and maintains student enrollment and test registration records.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with college staff and with clinical site staff.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Vice President of Instruction and/or Coordinator for Allied Health Continuing Education.
- Registered Nurse (current Kansas license in good standing with no disciplinary action pending).
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in long term care as Registered Nurse.
- Eligible for Instructor certification through the Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services and Health Occupations Credentialing (KDADS/HOC).
- Proof of negative TB testing.
- Ability to pass background checks.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including public speaking and ability to present the college in a positive way.
- Willingness to reinforce all lecture lessons with hands‐on experiences when resources permit.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Strong computer and word processing skills.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail, email, talk on the phone.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to twenty-five (25) lbs.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and attend events as required.
To apply for this position, please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
MANHATTAN AREA TECHNICAL COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE COMPLY WITH TITLE IX OF THE EDUCATIONAL AMENDMENTS OF 1972. WE COMPLY WITH THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973, THE VIETNAM ERA VETERANS’ READJUSTMENT ASSISTANCE ACT OF 1974, AND THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with students, staff and guests.