Greater Topeka Partnership
Digital Marketing Specialist
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Public Relations Manager
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for assisting the Communications and Marketing Departments in updating electronic collateral and social media platforms. This position creates designs that inform and engage various business representatives, including entrepreneurs, executives, elected officials, young professionals and middle managers striving to create positive change for the Topeka and Shawnee County community, and the general public.
- Creates effective designs across various design mediums.
- Creates, reviews, updates and manages content on all social media sources, blogs, monthly and quarterly newsletters and organization website.
- Maintains organizations websites and develops new content to enhance user experience, increases search engine optimization (SEO) and provides a complete planning tool for visitors of Topeka.
- Maintains a consistent clean, clear, and user-friendly brand identify for the GTP. Meets brand standards in the creation of all materials.
- Creates digital materials, including presentations, e-mails, landing pages, microsites, e-books, social media campaigns, display advertising, PDFS, and broadcast quality videos.
- Instills in others through designs the desire to learn more about Topeka and Shawnee County.
- Enhances the knowledge and attractiveness of the Topeka and Shawnee County community to local residents, potential visitors and media relations.
- Works with community to ensure event calendars are up to date.
- Conducts research and information audits to create effective content for social media platforms, blogs and emails.
- Updates and maintains attraction and business information in CRM system as needed for website functionality.
- Represents organization in the Topeka community by participating in local events.
- Works collaboratively with organization staff to build and maintain a strong team environment to accomplish the tasks necessary to serve and support the goals of the organization.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a related field is preferred.
- Four (4) years of professional work experience.
- Previous professional social media experience is required.
- Knowledge of web-based programs and social media platforms with the ability to learn new programs and technologies as needed, which include Google analytics, CRM and CMS software, email marketing software and other job-related software.
- Proficient computer and word processing skills, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Thorough understanding of AP writing style.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to exercise good judgment with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of Visit Topeka.
- Strong digital photography skills, ability to use DSLR camera.
- Demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Commitment to the Topeka community expressed through active involvement.
- Passion for Topeka attractions and knowledge of community events.
- Must be a permanent Shawnee County resident or establish permanent residency in Shawnee County within sixty (60) days of employment.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Read computer screens and mail, email, talk on the phone.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Attend events as required.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and clients.