Topeka Country Club
Youth Room Attendant
Health and Wellness Director
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
The Youth Room Attendant oversees the Topeka Country Club (“TCC”) youth room and arranges activities for kids under guidance of the Health and Wellness Director for the children of members and guests of TCC.
- Ensures the safety of children while under supervision at the TCC Youth Room.
- Monitors and runs Youth Room operations, including performing proper sign in/out procedures and caretaking.
- Answers questions and provides information about TCC and Youth Room.
- Promotes a positive and happy atmosphere for each child under the care of the Youth Room.
- Performs light cleaning duties to ensure the TCC facility looks presentable at all times.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- One (1) year of work-related experience or training is preferred.
- CPR, First Aid preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Ability to wear work-appropriate apparel.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate activities.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with members and guests.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions, both verbal and written.
- Ability to solve practical problems and handle a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to exercise good judgment with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of TCC.
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required such as close, distance, color, peripheral and depth vision as well as the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to frequently move supplies up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift weight consisting of 50 pounds.
- Ability to perform physical activities which require considerable use of arms, legs and moving your whole body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling various materials.
- Moderate to loud noise level.
- Interaction with TCC staff and members.
- Required to work weekends and odd/early/late hours, as necessary.