Kansas Foundation for Medical Care, Inc.
Project Manager - External Quality Review Organization
Vice President of Quality Review
The Kansas Foundation for Medical Care (KFMC) is a not-for-profit organization focused on improving healthcare quality. In this role, KFMC works with healthcare providers, government and private organizations and beneficiaries to facilitate the improvement of healthcare provided to all Kansas healthcare consumers.
As a member of the External Quality Review Organization (EQRO) team, this position is primarily responsible for managing all aspects of assigned projects in support of health care program evaluation, including review of compliance with federal and state regulations, surveys, quality assessment/performance improvement, and provider network validation. This role participates in project design, review activities, and writing of reports (submitted to governmental agencies and available publicly), that assess quality, timeliness, and access to care provided to members enrolled in Medicaid managed care organizations.
Required qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited college or university is required. Preference will be given to candidates with advanced degrees.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a health or compliance-related field is required.
- Knowledge/experience with managed care organizations, and/or Medicaid health care delivery systems, and/or Home and Community Based Services is preferred.
- Ability to accurately prepare and effectively use descriptive statistics.
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement techniques.
- Knowledge of general research methodology and principles of epidemiology.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (i.e., public-presentation skills).
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and team-building skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities on a routine basis, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively problem solve.
- Computer skills and willingness to learn software applications.
- Ability to travel.