Business Development Associate
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Vice President of Operations or as designated
The Business Development Associate is responsible for acquiring new customers, calling on existing or prospective clients in order to build new business, producing growth in income by selling business products and services, developing relationships with referral sources, and identifying and capitalizing on other business development opportunities. This key sales and service role generates new business and strengthens household relationships by selling the benefits of CBW Bank products and services.
- Explains and sells the benefits of CBW Bank products and services to prospective and current customers to generate new business and strengthen existing household relationships.
- Answers customers’ questions or directs the question to the appropriate CBW Bank staff member. Recommends new products and services to customers.
- Performs account maintenance and assists customers with bank processes and procedures.
- Proficiently responds to customer inquiries in a courteous, professional, accurate, and timely manner, following CBW Bank policies and procedures.
- Responsible for meeting sales goals.
- Assists with record keeping, operational logs and day-to-day customer needs.
- Maintains working knowledge of the benefits of CBW Bank products and services, to identify product solutions for customers.
- Ensures overall bank documentation and file administration is complete and consistent with CBW Bank’s policy and procedures.
- Complies with Consumer Compliance, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), anti-money laundering (AML), and counter-terrorist financing obligations as assigned.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a business or finance related field preferred.
- One (1) year of banking experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills with customers in English.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Proficient computer experience with advanced knowledge of various computer programs including Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to make reliable and prompt decisions using available information.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate good work habits, maintain a professional appearance and attitude and follow policies and procedures.
- Must project a friendly, courteous, patient and professional image at all times, even under adverse conditions.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and email, mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
To apply for this position, please email your resume, cover letter, and credentials to email@example.com.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.