Company: Landmark National Bank
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Work Schedule: As negotiated in Offer Letter
Location: Topeka or Manhattan, KS
Ensures the bank is adhering to governmental regulations and laws. Works closely with upper management and banking staff to guarantee the bank’s policies and procedures comply with appropriate laws and regulations. As needed, accept various officer roles to oversee specific regulations.
- Formulates and updates bank policies and provides support to appropriate departments in the development of procedures to maintain bank compliance with applicable compliance statutes, regulations, and interpretations.
- Develops compliance training programs for employees throughout the organization and provides support to the training department.
- Provides guidance and answers questions throughout course of typical business to address compliance related questions. Monitors and tests compliance programs to ensure the bank complies with appropriate laws and regulations associated with lending and deposits.
- Researches, implements, and manages regulatory changes and compliance issues.
- Supervise, train, and coach Compliance staff and manage progress of projects and success of the Compliance program through the use of the Quarterly Objective Template.
- May assume roles such as Information Security Officer, SAFE Act Officer, Bank Security Officer, CRA Officer, etc.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Code of Conduct by evaluating the situation and ensuring appropriate action.
- Monitors resolution of customer complaints.
- Directs internal security and loss investigation activities.
- Works with auditors and examiners during regulatory compliance examinations.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related business.
- Two years of experience in Compliance Officer role or 3 – 5 years of compliance experience with management exposure.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and laws associated with banking.
- General knowledge and understanding of bank deposit operations, lending activities, and other related consumer banking and compliance functions.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills.
- Strong decision making, analytical and investigative abilities with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Display irreproachable integrity, confidentiality and objectivity.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel) and Outlook.
- The physical demands listed below are a requirement to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time, speak, and listen; use hands to touch and grasp objects; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. Visual ability to view a computer screen for long periods of time is required.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers, including disgruntled customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.