Company: Topeka Metropolitan Transit Authority
Job Title: Public Transit Bus Operator
Enjoy a rewarding career providing public transit service to our community!
Topeka Metro is accepting applications for full-time Bus Operators to provide safe, professional, and courteous public transit service.
• Customer oriented with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and communicate effectively and courteously.
• Demonstrate a professional, pleasant, and helpful demeanor towards the public.
• Must be able to exercise sound judgment.
• Ability to memorize routes, transfer points, fare structures, and work with all bus technology.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and comply with safety and traffic rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Reliable and flexible with the ability to work various shifts Monday-Saturday.
• Ability to obtain a KS CDL with air brake and passenger endorsements within two weeks of hire date.
• Steady work history with previous experience.
• Must maintain an excellent driving record.
• 21 years of age with a HS diploma/GED.
Applicants must satisfactorily pass a background check, pre-employment drug screen, post offer functional employment test, and DOT medical exam.
Download an application & characteristic survey at WWW.TOPEKAMETRO.ORG
and submit by mail, e-mail, or in person.
201 N. Kansas Ave.
Topeka, KS 66603
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Drug Free Workplace and EOE.
Full-time starting pay after two-weeks of training: $17.79/hr.
6 months: $18.90/hr.
12 months: $20.02/hr.
18 months: $21.12/hr.
24 months: $22.24/hr.