CBW Bank (“CBW”)
QA Testing Analyst
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Senior QA Analyst, VP of Operations
The QA Analyst position will support the IT department at CBW Bank (“CBW”). This is a junior level role and you will not be writing scripts initially, but will be expected to grow into assuming greater responsibility (including developing test scripts). Primarily, you will be working manual QA. You will develop test process, approaches and plans to test software, application enhancements and changes against business requirements in a manner which results in a high quality solution meeting the functional and non-functional requirements of the end user.
- Lead walkthrough meetings with control owners to understand the control process and identify risks. Work with project teams to understand system requirements and solution designs, then translate into System Test Cases and document for review and execution. Determine the appropriate testing steps to best assess control effectiveness.
- Evaluate technology and operations processes to assess adherence with Enterprise Policy and identify reliance opportunities. Identify, communicate, and document control gaps and enhancements.
- Execute control testing activities using a test of design and testing of effectiveness approach. Execute System Test Cases, track and report defects, work with developers to resolve defects. Work with teams in different time zones to coordinate testing and documentation activities.
- Develop and maintain test plans, test cases, test data, test scenarios, and other test documentation. Document test results to adequately support test conclusions. Work with documentation teams to ensure that the documentation is reviewed and current.
- Monitor known issues and validate remediation plans. Accurately report and manage defects.
- Continuously improve the strategy for maturation of the IT QA function from manual testing to automated testing including developing and maintaining automated functional and regression test scripts using tools such as Selenium.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external partners. Participate in project/release planning to establish and maintain testing strategies and initial scheduling estimates per project.
- Test the bank's systems to ensure alerts designed to identify money laundering, terrorist financing, potentially suspicious activity, or other BSA related issues are working as intended. Coordinate, support and help as needed on Model Validation and Tuning efforts where appropriate.
- Execute functional, regression, and various other types of testing as appropriate.
- Gain a firm understanding of business rules and new features being implemented.
- Work closely with Development and Operations teams to test applications and assist in providing direction for defect fixes and systems enhancements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Manual testing experience, demonstrating strong understanding of quality assurance practices and deliverables test plans, requirement mapping, defect management, and test result reporting.
- Knowledge of workplace software such as Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, TeamViewer
- Excellent time management, planning, and multi-tasking skills to support more than one testing campaign at the same time.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, phone, video, etc.).
- Ability to manage teams in different time zones
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a high growth, fast-paced environment
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to make reliable and prompt decisions using available information.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate good work habits, maintain a professional appearance and attitude and follow policies and procedures.
- Must project a friendly, courteous, patient and professional image at all times, even under adverse conditions.
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- Paid time off
- This position exists in an office environment requiring the incumbent to perform normal activities including, but not limited to standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift up to forty-five (45) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
- Potential exposure to dangerous criminal activity.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.