Sunflower Foundation/Sunflower Nonprofit Center
Sunflower Nonprofit Center Director ["NPC Director"]
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Chief Executive Officer
Sunflower Foundation Nonprofit Center Director Position Description (Overview)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Sunflower Nonprofit Center Director is responsible for developing a vibrant nonprofit community that serves health and social service nonprofits locally and across the state. The mission of the Center is to build capacity of nonprofit organizations through shared work space and collaborative learning.
The Sunflower Nonprofit Center offers a state-of-the-art education center, shared office services including leased and shared working space, memberships, and technical support for events hosted virtually or onsite at the Center. The NPC Director is responsible for developing a menu of services (in collaboration with the full team); marketing and promotion of the center; overseeing operations including client and guest services; developing the annual budget; assessing effectiveness of programs to fulfill the mission of the Center; and, conducting partner satisfaction surveys.
In this newly established role, the Nonprofit Center Director will work closely with the CEO, COO/CFO, Facility Manager, and Program Officers of the Sunflower Foundation.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with experience in “start-up” organizations and with experience working in the health and social service nonprofit sector in Kansas. The successful candidate must be able to work as a member of a team and at the same time, be the key representative for the Nonprofit Center and its community.
The NPC will open in late April 2021.
The NPC Director will be responsible for developing the Sunflower Nonprofit Center business model including services offered (shared office space, events; memberships, and leasing services); marketing and promoting the center; developing the annual budget and revenue projections; and, working as part of the team on messaging, communications and evaluation.
Qualifications & Specific requirements include:
- Cultivate relationships with potential users (partners) of the nonprofit center and create “learning and connecting” opportunities for the Center’s partners;
- Develop relationships with vendors with the goal of building strong relationships and user satisfaction.
- Recruit, hire, and oversee training and orientation of staff (employed and independent contractors).
- Assisting with the development of policies, procedures, user agreements, contracts, etc.
- Oversee a database for the NPC operations.
- Ensure competency in promoting the NPC.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Preferred
- At least 5 years of management experience with three of those in a team management role;
- Experience with nonprofit sector including familiarity with Kansas’ nonprofit sector;
- Experienced and competent in public relations, marketing, and promotions;
- Strong project management skills;
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and successfully operationalizing innovative programs;
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology to develop and implement program evaluation systems;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for the mission of the Sunflower Foundation Nonprofit Center.
The Sunflower Foundation is a member of the Nonprofit Centers Network
– an association that connects us to other centers across the country. This will be a valuable resource for the NPC Director as the Sunflower Foundation develops its business model. The Sunflower Foundation has been a member for over six years and has established relationships with the network and other nonprofit centers.