CoreFirst Bank & Trust
Commercial Market President
Lenexa [KC Market]
The primary goal for the Commercial Banking Officer will be the strategic development of Commercial and Industrial (C&I) relationships for the Bank in the KC metro area shaping the direction of CoreFirst Bank & Trust (CFB&T) in this market. The majority of the time will be spent making prospect sales calls to obtain new Commercial and Industrial loans/Owner Occupied loans and deposit and treasury business. Responsibilities include soliciting, acquiring, and servicing new business from prospective commercial and industrial loan customers with a focus on retaining and expanding existing bank relationships as well. The Officer will benefit from local resources available in this market which include the Chief Credit Officer, Director of Credit Administration and a seasoned Credit Underwriter. A Commercial Banking Officer with strong loan production experience will benefit from the ample liquidity maintained by CFB&T. CFB&T is a community bank headquartered in Topeka, KS, serving principal markets in Topeka, Kansas City and Denver. Typically, loans generated will tend to be larger in size, yet produce immediate loan balances.
Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Meet defined production goals for loan origination
- Make prospect and client calls to establish new business for the bank
- Focus on loans within the $500,000 through $8M range
- Critically review, analyze and structure commercial and industrial loans
- Meet with prospects to discuss their needs, outline appropriate company services and resolve problems as necessary
- Work with or make referrals to other areas of the bank in order to more fully serve the customer
- Serve as the relationship manager for the customer’s overall relationship in the bank
- Meet sales and service goals established by Chief Lending Officer
- Call on existing or prospective customers within the framework of a business development calling program
- Conduct all actions consistent with quality customer service, friendliness and the overall mission of the bank
- Achieve and maintain general knowledge of all aspects of the bank and our services in order to cross sell products and answer customer questions
- Represent the company in various community functions to further enhance its image and develop additional business
- Conduct all interactions with internal and external customers in accordance with The CoreFirst Way (the bank’s customer service commitments and experience expectations that guide our interaction with every customer)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field
- A minimum of ten (10) years of Commercial and Industrial loan, deposit and Treasury experience
- Demonstrated success in booking large volumes of high quality commercial and industrial loans
- Prefer experience with SBA and programs offered
- Have an established network of numerous high quality clients and prospects within the commercial and industrial loan marketplace in the KC market and currently working for a bank/financial institution
- Have a demonstrated track record of being successful in producing a large volume of high quality commercial and industrial loans in the KC marketplace
- Must be a self-starter and have a creative approach to selling
- Strong relationship management and sales prospecting skills (influencing, advisory and acquisition)
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Ability to partner and influence as well as relate and empathize with people
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects/tasks with timely follow through
- Must demonstrate effective oral and interpersonal communication skills and perform presentations well in front of small and large groups
- Strong ability to grasp financial/business concepts and processes
- Detail and goal oriented
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Adherence to CoreFirst Values: Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability.
High level of skill in the CoreFirst Bank & Trust Competencies of Customer Focus, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. Some light physical effort required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some local evening and weekend travel may be needed.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applicants must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screening and background check.
Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job, and should submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.