7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Mon.-Fri. Occasional Sat. 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Hours may vary according to operational needs)
The Teller position is primarily responsible for meeting Bank customers’ needs for paying and receiving transactions, along with cultivating relationships through promotion of various bank products. Work is varied in nature with changing priorities and work schedules. Incumbent applies general knowledge of Teller operations to work performed. Works under general supervision and in compliance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Greet all customers as they enter the Bank or drive up. In the event a customer is needing services other than tellers, assist and direct them to the appropriate bank employee.
- Assists customers with various transactions, including checking and savings account withdrawals, deposits, transfers. Examines checks for endorsement and negotiability, issues receipts and answers questions regarding accounts and other bank services.
- Receives loan payments, verifies that payment equals the amount due and issues receipts.
- Processes checks, deposit slips, and other material after verification of signatures and customer balances. Inspects all checks, bonds, money orders, savings withdrawals, etc., to determine negotiability.
- Performs basic clerical functions including answering telephones, making copies, faxing, ordering checks, typing and filing reports.
- Monitors and maintains a minimum but adequate drawer supply of currency and coin. Maintains security of teller cash.
- Balances the currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at the end of shift according to established schedule and performance standards. Completes daily cash reports through the bank’s operating computer program.
- Explains and cross-sells products and services to current and prospective customers. Remains current on the latest products and services. Identifies sales opportunities and refers business to proper department.
- May remove deposits from, and count and balance cash in ATM and night depository.
- May be required to open checking, savings, CD, or IRA accounts.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Six (6) months of experience with cash handling and/or customer service.
- Proven knowledge of Bank policies and procedures.
- Possess a working knowledge of all teller, customer service functions and banking operations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills with customers in English.
- Proficient computer experience with advanced knowledge of various computer programs necessary to open accounts along with an ability to operate a 10-key calculator with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, plan and set priorities to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to utilize resources and assess the situations to make sound judgements.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate good work habits, maintain a professional appearance and attitude and follow policies and procedures.
- Must project a friendly, courteous, patient, and professional image at all times, even under adverse conditions.
- Demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.