CoreFirst Bank & Trust
Call Center Personal Banker
Call Center Supervisor
Main Bank - Topeka - Kansas
**$500 sign on bonus for new hires**
A Call Center Personal Banker serves as the point of contact for customers and non-customers who contact CoreFirst via phone or the chat application on our website. Call Center Personal Bankers answer questions about retail banking products and services and direct callers with other needs to the appropriate bank personnel. Call Center Personal Bankers deliver the highest possible customer service as they perform all job duties and contribute to the bank’s business goals by referring customers appropriate products and services.
Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Answers incoming calls from internal and external customers and assists them by listening and asking appropriate questions.
- Transfers calls when the customer needs are beyond the scope of the Call Center
- Answers questions regarding customer needs, concerns, and completing complex transactions
- Completes processes related to all commercial and retail banking products, including but not limited to deposit, retirement, loan, bank card, electronic, and treasury management services
- Achieves goals set forth by Call Center Manager regarding number of calls answered, length of calls, schedule adherence and other goals set forth by management
- Periodically performs outbound calls when necessary to support bank objectives and initiatives
- Maintains and updates internal records and logs as needed
- Adheres to CoreFirst policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred
- Required: Six (6) months CoreFirst Teller or Personal Banker experience with demonstrated proficiency, OR, Six (6) months of outside banking, call center, or customer service experience.
- Preferred: One (1) year of outside banking, call center, or customer service experience.
- Working knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft suite
- Salary differential available for bilingual, Spanish-speaking employees
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in procedure and/or technology. Proficiency with process and procedures related to consumer deposit and loan products.
- Professionalism and composure; strong sales awareness; ability to contribute to a motived environment; ability to monitor key details and set priorities; goal-oriented mindset
Adherence to CoreFirst Values; Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability. A secondary focus on internal and external Customers, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management is also essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. Some light physical effort required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, and for the purpose of covering shifts at other Kansas City bank branches. Some evening travel may be needed, occasionally, for the purposes of training which may be located in the Topeka, Kansas area.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applicants must pass a drug screen and background checks
Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job, and should submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.