Office Coordinator - Adult Services
Director Adult Services
The primary function of the Office Coordinator is to provide clerical and accounting support for the Capper Foundation Adult Services. The Office Coordinator deals with a diverse group of internal and external customers while planning, prioritizing and organizing a diversified workload and updating office practices and procedures.
- Communicates continually with people with disabilities, their family members, agency staff and other community providers.
- Provides administrative support to supervisor, including organizing, filing and maintaining appropriate paperwork related to Adult Services.
- Performs desktop publishing, types and designs general correspondence, charts, tables, graphs and other materials. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout updates as appropriate.
- Establishes, maintains and updates filing system.
- Organizes and prioritizes information and calls.
- Maintains appropriate level of office supplies.
- Reconciles checkbooks for persons supported.
- Attendance and payroll for persons supported.
- Completes special projects as requested.
- Handles confidential information, works independently and as a team.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Associates degree preferred.
- Must have a valid Kansas Drivers License with an acceptable driving record.
- Read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must be able to pass background checks and drug test per agency procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn agency specific software required.
- Must complete and maintain certain trainings to maintain employment, including, but not limited to: Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation and Rights and Responsibilities.
- May involve sitting for extensive periods of time
- Direct contact with individuals who are severely physically and/or developmentally disabled and who may exhibit unpredictable behavior and uncontrollable outbursts. The physical characteristics of the work environment are such that noise and odor control procedures are required. May work with individuals with Hepatitis B and/or other blood borne pathogens.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.