Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Accountant is responsible for all financial functions of the Company, including: financial statements, accounts payable, general ledger, work orders, property records and bank records. This position is also responsible for maintaining the subsidiary records and files for proper financial reporting and taxation.
- Prepares and reports the financial statements for the Company.
- Reviews and reports the Company’s accounts payable, as well as verifies receipts.
- Answers the telephone and assists consumers with problems or questions, as well as forwards phone calls to the appropriate person, when necessary.
- Assists the General Manager with account reconciliations, as needed.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of the subsidiary businesses inventory records.
- Reports all deviations discovered in the accounting work to the General Manager.
- Maintains the Company’s financial security by following proper internal controls.
- Prepares analytical reports, as requested by the General Manager.
- Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with the Company’s policies and the general accepted accounting principles.
- Interacts in a professional manner with employees, consumers, vendors and the public in general.
- Ensures strict confidentiality of financial records.
- Participates in the monthly Company board meeting, as required.
- Participates in the annual meeting, as required.
- Maintains a neat and orderly working area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration is required.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices for reporting financial data is required.
- Advanced skills with accounting software and programs are preferred.
- Computer software training in Microsoft Excel and Word is required.
- Ability to demonstrate a personality which is pleasant, Company and mature.
- Ability to organize and complete several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions, both in a written and verbal manner.
- Ability to interpret and apply administrative policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
- Proficient in intermediate math principles, including arithmetic computations.
- Must possess a knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment, including computers, calculators, typewriters, copiers and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens, written documents, and email.
- Ability to lift and move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. .
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in a production setting.
- Interaction with co-workers and customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.