Payroll and Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Clerk
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Payroll and Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for processing payroll and maintaining/tracking payable and receivable transactions and assisting with budget management and cash flow related processes.
- Collects and verifies timesheets.
- Enters employee information and payroll data into payroll software.
- Calculates payable hours, commissions, bonuses, taxes, and deductions.
- Processes new employees and terminations.
- Issues and delivers payroll payments to employees.
- Investigates and resolves payroll discrepancies.
- Maintains and updates payroll records.
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information, scheduling, preparing disbursements, and obtaining authorization of payment.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information, computing charges, and refunds, and preparing and mailing invoices.
- Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts and notifying customers of insufficient payments.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation, issuing stop payments and adjustments.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associates or bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred.
- Two (2) years of relevant experience required.
- Advanced skills with accounting and/or payroll software and programs preferred.
- Computer software training in Microsoft Excel and Word is required.
- Ability to demonstrate a personality which is pleasant and mature.
- Ability to organize and complete several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information and respond to questions, both in a written and verbal manner.
- Ability to interpret and apply administrative policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
- Proficient in intermediate math principles, including arithmetic computations.
- Must possess a knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment, including computers, calculators, typewriters, copiers and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens, written documents, and email.
- Ability to lift and move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in a production setting.
- Interaction with co-workers and customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.