HR Documentation Editor
Non-exempt, Part Time and/or Independent Contractor
This position plans, directs, and coordinates human resources documentation activities of various clients to maximize the strategic use of human resources. These documents include employee handbooks, job descriptions, and customized human resources templates.
- Recommend changes to clients’ policies and procedures to ensure compliance with various laws and regulations.
- Conduct audits of human resources activities to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and applicable laws/regulations.
- Conduct analysis of job descriptions; ensure essential functions are identified.
- Complete human resources documentation on a timely basis (deadlines will be given in advance) from the HR Partners staff and/or clients.
- Attend staff meetings and/or client meetings if requested. The average would not exceed four to six meetings per month.
- Participate in professional development sessions or seminars as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a related field required.
- Knowledge of management, supervisor, leadership methods and principles preferred.
- Knowledge of the organization, operating procedures, and policies of a human resource department.
- Ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office to edit text documents, create templates, and automate the creation of tables of content.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to problem solve and handle a variety of variables.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective client working relationships with a variety of employers.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written) skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, manage projects, and meet client deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- Punctual, reliable, and self-motivated.
- Ability to present a positive and professional attitude to clients, HR Partners management and staff.
- Ability to meet both client needs and HR Partners management directives on a reliable and consistent basis.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to read computer screens and emails.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Effective interaction with co-workers, public and private officials, and the general public.
- Type - conferences, seminars, meetings or training.
- Frequency – limited travel.
- Qualifications – valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.