Missouri Primary Care Association ["MPCA"]
Public Health Coordinator
Monday through Friday
Vice President of Strategy
Eligible for Remote:
Jefferson City, MO [Remote option will be considered, if within MO]
The Logistics Coordinator is an individual who works with federally qualified health centers to prepare, implement and respond to various public health issues/emergencies. This position works in collaboration with internal staff members and/or departments as well as external partners in the development, implementation and evaluation of projects and duties
- Develop community engagement strategies to increase vaccine confidence through education, outreach and community partnership.
- Assist Director of Healthcare Transformation with managing multiple Missouri Community Health Worker (CHW) initiatives. Assist with collating CHW reports as well as with high quality/timely implementation of CHW activities. Build strong partnerships with participating health centers and provide associated technical assistance.
- Design, facilitate and provide training and technical assistance to participating health centers to support clinical guidance related to public health such as infections disease outbreaks, vaccinations, etc.
- Design, facilitate and provide training and technical assistance to participating health centers.
- Manage grant deliverables, including communication with health centers, activities, reporting and maintaining budgets.
- Assist the VP of Strategy in the training and provision of technical assistance of Emergency Preparedness and Response to health centers.
- Manage and operationalize the MPCA Emergency mobile unit in the case of a natural disaster or state of emergency.
- Assist health centers with various quality/health care topics related to multiple programs and initiatives.
- Nursing degree preferred; health/public health related degree required.
- Knowledgeable about vaccines, proper vaccination procedures, outreach efforts, vaccination best practice and community collaboration.
- Knowledgeable about COVID-19 vaccination, testing and treatment.
- Basic understanding of the Vaccine for Children (VFC) program and the ShowMe Vax reporting system preferred.
- Experience with Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) operations and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience with Community Health Worker programs preferred.
- Experience with emergency management and response (flood, tornado, pandemic, fire, etc.)
- Willing to travel throughout Missouri to assist in the event of Natural Disaster/State of Emergency (including weekends, evenings and holidays)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, in a professional manner that supports the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of MPCA and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, and the ability to coordinate multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in team settings to show flexibility and versatility.
- Ability to learn additional software applications.
- Ability to self-motivate and thrive in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work with strict confidentiality requirements, as well as utilize good judgment in the preparation and distribution of confidential information.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach and use hands and fingers for extended periods of time.
- Performing physical activities which require considerable use of your arms and legs for moving your entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, bending, kneeling, crawling, stooping, and handing of materials.
- Ability to read computer screens, mail, e-mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Ability to drive an automobile and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with internal and external customers.
- Job duties will be performed either from a remote office location or onsite, at the Jefferson City, MO location.
- Travel will be expected in and outside of Missouri.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.