CoreFirst Bank & Trust
SVP, Director of Human Resources
Chief Financial Officer
8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, other hours as needed
Topeka Headquarters or split of Lenexa KS/Topeka KS (with minimum 3 days per week in Topeka Headquarters)
Provide leadership and direction to accomplish our Mission as well as our strategic financial and growth objectives. Also responsible for oversight of all aspects of the HR function including staffing, performance management, compensation and benefits, payroll, budget, employee relations, employee development, conflict resolution, training and governmental regulatory laws / administrative rulings.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Establish and execute HR goals and initiatives that support the strategic vision of the Bank
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and training to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Works with the Bank’s executive management team to review the management succession plan that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the Bank.
Staffing & Recruiting:
- Develop and manage the staff within the Human Resources department. The staff consists of a compensation and benefits specialist, a recruiting specialist and a training professional.
- Responsible for developing and managing the annual bank budget for compensation and benefits.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Recommend and maintain staffing levels to accomplish company goas and objectives.
- Oversee a comprehensive recruitment process designed to ensure qualified candidates are hired.
- Oversee position management, job descriptions and the corresponding salary/budget expense to ensure optimal staffing.
Training and Development:
- Oversee comprehensive compensation, payroll and benefit plans that are compliant with laws and regulations at the state and federal levels.
- Ensure those plans are competitive, equitable and cost effective.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to all benefit programs.
- Oversee the training department and work collaboratively to develop training programs that will support the culture and strategic direction of the bank, including new hire onboarding and training as well as programs designed to enhance corporate culture, employee growth, leadership development and management effectiveness.
- Ensure that the HR department is equipped to provide guidance to supervisors and employees in regards to career development, conflict resolution, coaching, counseling, leadership development, compensation and benefits, performance management, professional development and training.
- Collaborates and works across departmental lines to ensure they are receiving the HR support needed.
- Leader of the Bank’s internal engagement team.
- Work jointly with senior management to create and maintain a positive corporate culture.
- Manage and maintain the HR Policy and HR manual and Employee Handbook
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Keep well-informed of regulatory changes and new employment law.
- Remain knowledgeable on current best practices and strategies for talent management as well as new HR technology.
- Oversee the work of the various companies and individuals who administer the Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience within the HR field, with three (3) years of management experience
Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required – emphasis in human resources, business administration, communications, and/or behavior science(s).
- Professional certification preferred – Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI): Professional in Human Resources/Senior Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) or Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)- Certified Professional (CP)/Senior Certified Professional (SCP)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strategic thinker
- Skills/ability in the recruitment/selection of staff
- Good/sound judgement in assessing employee relations situations
- Employee counseling
- Conflict management skills/ability
- Strong presentation/facilitation abilities
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Negotiation and listening
- Sound technical skills; math/analytical ability
- Thorough knowledge of human resource disciplines
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment, wage and hour laws and regulations
- Adherence to CoreFirst Values: Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability.
- High level of skill in the CoreFirst Bank & Trust competencies of Customer Focus, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. Some light physical effort required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some local evening and weekend travel may be expected.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applicants must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screen and background check.
Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job and submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.