: Mainline Printing
: Human Resources Director
The Human Resources (“HR”) Director is responsible for managing all aspects of human resources, including defining and implementing HR policies, procedures and practices, as well as supporting HR goals, objectives and payroll. This position supports the management of human capital through the performance and direction of activities in several key areas including employment processes, employee relations, compensation, benefits and recruitment.
- Ensures all employment practices are conducted in compliance with equal employment opportunity laws and Mainline policies including hiring, promotions, demotions and disciplinary actions.
- Ensures coordination with hiring manages to recruit and fill open positions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Administers and/or facilitates the recruitment process from identifying staffing needs to position analysis, sourcing, interviews, candidate comparison and job offers.
- Provide on-boarding of newcomers to the company. Supports the training program for all divisions and makes training recommendations when necessary.
- Manages, implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Remains current with regulatory issues impacting HR practices and ensures compliance with various laws and regulations. Recommends and maintains changes to policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Monitors the progressive disciplinary process and conducts internal investigations as necessary.
- Provides guidance and coaching to management personnel relative to human resources activities and issues.
- Maintains time and attendance records.
- Partners with staffing agencies to obtain the most qualified candidates available to fill open positions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Oversees the benefits program and assists employees with benefit changes, disputes and selection of benefit providers.
- Maintains personnel files and other applicable human resources documentation.
- Develops, implements, and monitors the employee evaluation process. Support employee opportunities for professional development.
- Serves as liaison to senior management, employees, contractors and external business partners.
- Coordinates workers compensation programs by reviewing and processing claims and serving as liaison between insurance carrier and employer.
- Represents Mainline at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Conducts audits of human resources activities to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Maintains office records by developing and maintaining filing systems, as well as defined procedures for record retention, and security of files and records.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or other field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 years of human resources experience, PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Knowledge of relevant computer systems and software.
- Strong strategic skills and the ability to act as a visionary for the company.
- Knowledge of management, supervisor, leadership methods and principles.
- In-depth knowledge of labor laws and HP practices.
- Knowledge of techniques for interviewing, selecting, and recruiting applicants for employment.
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness, strong morals, and ethics.
- Ability to communicate and interact clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills at all levels and across all functions.
- Strong business and financial skills, including financial planning, budgeting and financial reporting.
- Ability to apply discretion and sound judgement in sensitive situations and remain calm in stressful situations and deal well with conflict.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multitask.
- Exceptional attention to detail, with a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and email, mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Business hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm CST. This position may be required to work during non-standard business hours to complete tasks.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Some working time will be spent in a warehouse environment which may be excessively warm during the summer and cool during the winter.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.