Pediatric Services Navigator
Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Vice President Pediatric Services
The Pediatric Services Navigator is responsible for practice management functions to ensure that processes are completed accurately, timely and efficiently while fostering relationships with internal and external customers. This position serves as the first point of contact with patients, families and referrals. This position maximizes opportunities for patients and/or their families to gain access to pediatric programs and services.
- Communicate information and recommendations to management and staff as appropriate regarding effective procedures and systems for referrals, scheduling, service tracking and billing.
- Establishes effective working relationships with Capper therapists, other staff members, patients and their families, community leaders, referral sources, internal customers and others who come in contact with Capper’s programs. Displays a degree of courtesy, tact and knowledge of services provided by the agency in all contact with staff, patients and visitors.
- Receive initial calls from individuals and referral sources inquiring about pediatric services/supports. Represent pediatric services; assess patient needs to customize appropriate internal and external resources. Creates positive experiences for internal and external customers that will meet their expectations.
- Ensures all required demographic, financial, referral authorization, clinical and other registration data is accurately scheduled, collected, verified and communicated appropriately in a timely manner.
- Utilizes excellent customer service skills to schedule individual appointments for outpatient services in coordination with clinical staff and the patient’s support network.
- Periodic review of intake policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all agency regulations. Compile and assists with all data collections and statistics.
- Facilitate meetings as needed with referral sources to represent pediatric services.
- Schedule meetings, as needed, with individuals and referral sources highlighting the areas of needs/wants for the individual.
- Cultivate new and existing relationships with referral sources and community resources.
- Assist with recreational programs and services as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Equivalent education, experience, and/or training may be substituted for the degree requirements.
- Must have a valid, Kansas driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Pass a drug screen and background checks per agency procedures.
- Clinical or customer service experience required.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- High acumen for working autonomously and with minimal direction to perform duties.
- Experience in data management and computerized information systems preferred.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and interruptions required.
- Ability to work independently, effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach and use hands.
- Ability to read computer screens for an extended period.
- Able to lift up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Direct contact with individuals who are severely physically and/or developmentally disabled and who may exhibit unpredictable behavior and uncontrollable outbursts. The physical characteristics of the work environment are such that noise and odor control procedures are required. May work with individuals with Hepatitis B and/or other blood borne pathogens.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.