CoreFirst Bank & Trust
Consumer Loan Processing Manager
Perform a variety of duties related to the centralized processing and administration of commercial, consumer loans and real estate loans utilizing various software including, but not limited to, LaserPro Lending, MortgageBot Lending, Phoenix Core processor, Z-Tax Monitoring and Microsoft Office Suite.
Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Respond to e-mail and phone calls from Commercial Lenders, Administrative Assistants, Consumer Lenders and Real Estate Lenders with regard to the processing of approved credit applications
- Review loan approval and terms to ensure loan is processed as approved; provide a high level of quality control and adherence to regulatory, lending procedures and Loan Policy Requirements
- Cut checks and/or prepare wires for loan disbursements
- Maintain multiple loan pipeline flow for optimum loan production
- Track and clear loan exceptions or obtain appropriate waivers from management
- Responsible for setting up collateral files and tracking required documents
- Add collateral information into the Tax Monitoring database for tracking
- Order title insurance and verify and/or correct any title issues relevant to real property collateral
- Generate accurate and compliant various loan documents in a timely manner
- Support the Director of Loan Operations as requested
- Assist in the development of processing procedures
- Actively participate as a team player with all other business lines
- Complete ongoing training courses to ensure up-to-date knowledge of policies, procedures and regulations
- Required: High school diploma
- Preferred: College degree
- Two years of Commercial Loan documentation experience required
- Two years of residential real estate loan experience, including selling on the secondary market
- Underwriting experience helpful
- Relevant work experience
- Proficiency with LaserPro, MortgageBot LOS and other relevant bank software systems
- Knowledge of TRID regulations
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of important loan documents and customer information
- Ability to relate and empathize with people
- Outstanding listening, oral and written communication skills
- Detail, solutions and goal oriented
- Ability to multitask and complete work within time sensitive deadlines
- Able to resolve and work through conflicts
- Adherence to CoreFirst Values; Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability. A secondary focus on internal and external Customers, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management is also essential.
- Strong sense of ethical integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Colorado and Kansas state banking laws
- Knowledge of state and federal lending laws and regulations preferred
- Requires a solid understanding of commercial loan structure and collateral perfection
- Must have an understanding of Escrow and the ability to prepare escrow disclosures and agreements
- Conduct all actions consistent with quality customer service, friendliness and overall mission of the bank
- Conduct all interactions with internal and external customers in accordance with the CoreFirst Way
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. Some light physical effort required including ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Travel is negligible. It is primarily local during the business day, although some local evening and weekend travel may be needed
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applicants must pass a drug screening and background check.
Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job, and should submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.