Department and Location:
Sample Management; Stilwell, KS United States
Sample Management Team Lead, Analytical Manager or Designee
Schedule is determined based on business needs which may include weekends and/or holidays.
To provide competitive, independent, investigative research and product development in: crop production; crop protection; food quality; environmental preservation, product stewardship, genetics and seeds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the receipt, logging and storing of Residue Samples.
- Responsible for entering all data accurately into the Sample Tracking system.
- Responsible for keeping accurate and well documented records for all projects assigned.
- Capable of producing the daily sample throughput after the required training period.
- Capable of multi-tasking several projects at the same time.
- Maintain a clean work environment and assist team members with other duties required of the supervisory staff.
- Responsible for keeping all equipment in good working order and initiating proper cleaning of the equipment.
- Ensure laboratory supplies are in stock, and notify personnel placing the orders when stock is low.
- Follow instructions provided by supervisory staff.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor, or lab designee.
- High School Graduate and/or GED, required.
- Ability to follow verbal and written direction in order to perform basic laboratory tasks; must be able to accurately document tasks per Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (“SOP”)'s.
- Able to work in highly regulated, high pace environment.
- Must be able to lift/move greater than or equal to fifty (50) to sixty (60) pounds with proper ergonomics and use of assistance as needed (e.g. other people, carts, pallet jack, etc...)
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English fluently, or with necessary assistance, while performing the job duties which require this ability.
- Required competencies:
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this Job Description at any time. The Job Description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.