Florence Crittenton Services
Facilities Maintenance Worker
Florence Crittenton Services located in Topeka, KS, provides innovative solutions for at-risk young people and their families via residential care and outpatient mental health treatment. For the past 114 years, Florence Crittenton has provided services to young women and their families. Today this non-profit serves the Topeka community with a continuum of trauma-informed behavioral health services for people of all ages and genders.
The facilities maintenance worker manages maintenance activities relating to the agency’s physical property and vehicles. The maintenance worker also formulates and arranges plans to update systems or reduce operating costs. Analyses and solves technical maintenance problems. Assures security and fire alarm systems are kept in good working order. Maintenance of grounds. Arranging furniture and partitions. Assists employees with internal moves. Arranges contracts for vendor services. Must work closely with Chief Executive Officer and related Board Directors.
- Maintains operating condition of buildings, equipment and vehicles.
- Tracks and orders household supplies as needed.
- Tests emergency and fire alarm equipment on a regular basis.
- Arranges and supervises outside vendors or volunteers as required.
- Keeps accurate and timely records for the agency and KSDE
- Supports the philosophy and mission of the agency.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent and ability to perform basic math functions.
- Minimum of 10 years of previous experience in a general maintenance capacity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Record keeping and accounting skills.
- Ability to interact with residents and staff in a consistently pleasant manner.
- Working knowledge of fundamental mechanical, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, and heating and cooling skills.
- Have knowledge concerning the appropriate operation of all common hand or power tools.
- Able to tolerate prolonged standing.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.