Washburn University Alumni Association and Foundation
Data Integrity Specialist
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Director of Advancement Information Management, Analysis & Reporting
The purpose of the Data Integrity Specialist is to support Washburn University Alumni Association and Foundation's (“Foundation”) overall fundraising efforts by inputting data and maintaining its integrity within the Raiser’s Edge database thus making the information valuable to all our fundraising efforts. This role must establish and nurture effective, collegial working relationships with co-workers and university partners representing the Foundation in a positive and professional manner.
- Updating constituent records from a variety of sources such as phonathon, mail, internet, media, electronic news releases and alerts, and staff, including but not limited to names, addresses, phone numbers, employment and education information, contacts for organizations, deceased information, marriages, divorces, constituent attributes and miscellaneous notes;
- Decipher information and properly enter it into correct fields, using guidelines provided, made with the highest possible level of accuracy, however efficiency is also a high priority;
- Regularly perform database integrity queries to audit database entries; in coordination with the Director of Advancement Information Management, Analysis and Reporting, analyze audit queries to correct data entry and recommend corrective input measures;
- Supply data out of Raiser’s Edge to Foundation teams and campus partners as needed through query and export;
- Serve as a liaison to campus partners and assist them with their use of and needs from the Raiser’s Edge database. These partners include, but are not limited to, Washburn University Law School, Mulvane Art Museum, etc. This will require special projects to encourage and facilitate their use of the database and assist with filling gaps that may occur with lack of resources needed during peak data entry periods;
- Support the development, maintenance and documentation of policies and procedures related to data entry and integrity procedures;
- Work closely with the gift processing team to ensure timely and accurate entry of constituent data and record modifications in coordination with the entry and receipting/acknowledgment of gifts;
- Support the Assistant Director Prospect Development and Strategy with tasks related to updating constituent records with important biographical and financial information that will be vital to relationship building and cultivating donors to meet fundraising initiatives at the Foundation;
- Train the Information Management Team student workers;
- Work on special projects and perform other duties, as assigned.
- High school or GED equivalent with three (3) years of business experience, preferably within a fundraising institution, associate’s degree preferred;
- Minimum of two (2) year of computer data entry experience with proven ability to handle a high volume of data entry while maintaining accuracy;
- Intermediate computer skills covering a wide variety of software including The Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft products, specifically Word and Excel;
- Positive, professional attitude and a willingness to learn new skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail with an ability to perform work responsibilities accurately and independently;
- Flexibility and ability to perform diverse tasks in a timely manner;
- Creative and strategic-thinking abilities;
- Ability to identify and initiate process improvements;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Reliable and predictable attendance.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time;
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds;
- Ability to read computer screens and mail.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting;
- Interaction with staff and campus partners.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.