Merchant Service Underwriting
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Chief Risk Officer
The Merchant Service Underwriting position will support the Chief Risk Officer, at CBW Bank (“CBW”), in overseeing merchant acquiring activities by reviewing and analyzing merchant applications for CBW’s underwriting and merchant onboarding processes
- Reviews and analyzes merchant applications in accordance with the Bank’s underwriting policy.
- Supports ISOs with respect to CBW’s underwriting and merchant-onboarding requirements.
- Gathers all information required to make a comprehensive assessment of a merchant’s solvency.
- Understands and follows procedures for Financial Statements and Business Tax Returns.
- Works with partners to ensure compliance with various industry requirements.
- Answers internal and external inquiries about underwriting issues.
- Provides ISOs with status updates on submitted applications.
- Advocates on ISO’s behalf to get credit card processing deals approved by the processor.
- Ensures timely approval of merchant accounts.
- Performs audit of auto-approvals.
- Notifies the ISO of any special conditions for approving a credit card processing application.
- Performs additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent experience is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience as an Underwriter in the Merchant Services space
- Proficient with KYC and AML requirements relevant to merchant processing
- Proficient with performing background research and due diligence on a prospective merchant
- Knowledge of workplace software such as Google Suite, Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a high growth, fast-paced environment
- Extensive knowledge of all banking concepts, and applicable regulations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to make reliable and prompt decisions using available information.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate good work habits, maintain a professional appearance and attitude and follow policies and procedures.
- Must project a friendly, courteous, patient and professional image at all times, even under adverse conditions.
- This position exists in an office environment requiring the incumbent to perform normal activities including, but not limited to standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift up to forty-five (45) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
- Potential exposure to dangerous criminal activity.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.