8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
Director of Compliance Systems
Kansas City, KS
The Compliance Analyst is responsible for execution of compliance risk assessments, ensuring the Compliance Department maintains adequate operational risk controls, thus ensuring full compliance with all banking laws, regulations, and internal policies and procedures. The Compliance Analyst will facilitate risk assessments, audit action item resolution, risk assessment action item resolution; work with business owners to develop procedures to reduce risk exposure in the areas of Compliance, BSA, CRA and Fraud Management Assist in execution of CRA operating procedures; collect and validate data necessary to perform fraud analysis trends; and support the change management database.
Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Perform risks assessments as required by the BSA Department to assist in developing the risk score for new business including, but not limited to, potential MRB customers.
- Collect, input and monitor all salient data necessary to perform portfolio analysis and fraud trends; Build reports and work with Fraud Manager to determine ways to mitigate fraud risks bank wide.
- Assist in execution of CRA Database procedures and work with Compliance CRA Committee members to ensure proper execution of all procedures and quality data input.
- Assist in performing and maintaining compliance risk assessments relative to all applicable federal compliance regulations and state laws. Prepare “Compliance Risk Memos” for management outlining regulatory changes and recommendations.
- Establish and cultivate a strong working relationship with the all business units to advance the culture and effectiveness of a synchronized approach to Compliance/BSA/Fraud/CRA risk management in respect of current, new, or emerging applicable banking laws and regulations as well as internal corporate compliance policy and procedures.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of the applicable laws, rules, and interpretations and their practical impact on all bank’s operations. Facilitate all functions as required by Senior Management during loan compliance and safety and soundness internal and external reviews.
Adherence to the CoreFirst Bank & Trust Values of Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability.
High level of skill in the CoreFirst Bank & Trust Competencies of Customer Focus, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to prepare coherent, cogent reports on auditing results.
- Entrepreneurial talent - an ability to know where to get the required resources and be able to extract the necessary information/support needed.
- Additional professional qualifications would include integrity, a questioning mind, strong organization skills, discretion and tact.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Compliance or audit certifications preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years banking experience that includes satisfying two or more of following conditions:
- Execution of compliance procedures
- Working knowledge of compliance quality control procedures and practices
- Strong working knowledge of the compliance risks associated with a banking institution
- Performance certification or demonstrate a willingness to learn and pursue professional certifications and banking industry designations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. Some light physical effort required.
Travel is negligible. It is primarily local during the business day, although some local evening and weekend travel may be needed.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
CoreFirst Employment Practices:
- Applicants must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screen and background check
- Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job and submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst Bank & Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this Job Description at any time. The Job Description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.