Company: CBW Bank
Title: Loan Compliance Counsel
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Reporting Relationship: President or as assigned
Work Location: Topeka, KS/ Lawrence, KS
CBW Bank an innovative, dynamic company is looking for a Loan Compliance Counsel and Compliance Officer. This person will responsible for ensuring that the Bank achieves optimum compliance with all loan related banking and consumer protection laws. The incumbent will work with all departments to ensure that the needs of the organization are met in their corporate and regulatory oversight responsibilities.
The ideal person must be analytical, precise and careful. You must enjoy working in a fast paced, results driven environment.
We will reward you for your performance and your accomplishment in achieving the goals as set in the business plan. Please send resume to: email@example.com
- Performs legal analysis for the Bank’s loan program, with emphasis on interpretation and application of federal and state statutes and regulations applicable to the Bank’s programs.
- Produces various tracking reports to evidence regulatory compliance.
- Prepares legal advisory opinions and guidance, applicable to the Bank, and guides the Bank through any necessary changes.
- Carries out internal reviews of the Bank’s loan program to ensure compliance with lending and consumer compliance regulations
- Works with all areas of the Bank to ensure an effective compliance program is in place at all times.
- Managing the lending and consumer compliance exams and audits and be an information source.
- Reviews policies and procedures for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and the institution’s stated policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise with respect to assigned legal topics with a strong focus on lending and other financial products, digital marketing, electronic funding, and lead generation
- Lead role in tracking, reporting, and advising on all developments related to key legal subjects, including internet-based lending and marketing, electronic funding, and data privacy and security
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with external parties (regulators, vendors, etc.)
- Communicate regularly with and make formal presentations and proposals to general counsel and executive management regarding policy and business considerations
- Remain current on relevant industry, consumer protection, and privacy laws and regulations to ensure ability to provide sound regulatory advice, and participate in industry working groups
- Collaborate closely with outside counsel as directed
- Conducts or arranges compliance required training for Bank employees.
- Researches regulatory questions by staff.
- Tracks regulatory proposals and final rules to gauge their impact to the Bank.
- Serves as liaison between the Bank and regulatory examiners.
- Monitors and responds to all complaints received by the Bank to determine if a compliance weakness is present.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships.
- Prepares and presents periodic compliance reports for management.
- Reviews and revises bank forms and disclosures for compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Works on special projects as requested by senior management.
- Responsible for ensuring all applicable reports are filed with the proper authorities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Implements and maintains risk assessments.
- Ensures additional controls are in place for those high-risk customers to help mitigate risk to the Bank.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with the legal and regulatory aspects of consumer lending with a desire to become a subject matter expert in internet-based lending and products, digital marketing, electronic funding, and lead generation
- Knowledge and application of federal consumer protection laws and regulations and lending regulations, including but not limited to, ESIGN, ECOA, TILA, EFTA, FCRA, TCPA, GLBA, CAN-SPAM, and UDAAP, and any state-level law and regulation counterparts for CBW Bank’s footprint, particularly in an online operating environment.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise independent judgment and discretion, anticipate and mitigate friction points, and take the initiative to promptly resolve and learn from challenges.
- Ability to assess risks and provide thoughtful advice in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and convey them in a simple, user-friendly manner.
- Law degree - licensed by and in good standing with the at least one US state bar licensing authority.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong PC skills required – proficient in Google Suite, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and email, mail and talk on the phone.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.