President and CEO of Kansas Grain and Feed Association (hereinafter “KGFA”)
The Director of Membership Investment and Training will be the primary contact for Membership Services for KGFA, KARA and Renew Kansas. This will include facilitating training, recruitment and retention of members, having an awareness of industry needs and opportunities, being available for special projects and serving as a resource for members. This position requires frequent overnight travel.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Leads efforts to recruit and retain members of KGFA, KARA and Renew.
- Works with KGFA’s educational programming committees to develop and coordinate educational training seminars for industry personnel.
- Manages all aspects of program implementation and evaluation, including correspondence with speakers and subject matter experts, preparation of course materials, coordination of audio/visual requirements, summarization of program evaluation results and budget.
- Provides on-site management of the educational and training programs and serves as the program moderator for each event.
- Provides oversight for numerous special projects including public education.
- Works with KGFA’s membership committees and the Board to develop and coordinate membership recruitment and retention strategies.
- Communicates to the President and Board the status and results of member services activities and on-going special projects.
- Provides support services for allied organizations per their memorandums of understanding with KGFA.
- Serves as Director of the Kansas Certified Crop Adviser Program.
- Maintains full knowledge of current KGFA programs, services, publications, membership benefits and dues structure.
- Maintains familiarity with state government affairs initiatives and issues.
- Reports to all Boards (KGFA, Renew Kansas, KARA and CCA) regarding membership affiliated activities and is responsive to Board directives.
- Directs the KGFA Membership and Training Committees.
- Directs the KARA Membership and Training Committees.
- Maintains relationships with university personnel, other association personnel, regulatory officials, and industry experts to assist in carrying out training program objectives and communicating industry news to KGFA members.
- Performs additional duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree; agriculture related field preferred.
- Computer experience including Microsoft Office Software (MS Outlook, Excel, Word and Publisher).
- Presentation and AV equipment expertise.
- Ability to present information and speak publicly.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong oral and written communications.
- Sound judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on key matters.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion.
- Background in sales helpful, but not required.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving objects up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Frequent bending, standing, or sitting.
- Ability to read computer screens for an extended period.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time.
The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.