Kansas Optometric Association (“KOA”)
Member Services Assistant
Part-Time (20-24 hours)
Flexible work schedule, to be negotiated at time of hire
$17.00 per hour
The Member Services Assistant works alongside the Administrative Assistant and Member Services/Events Coordinator to support KOA’s mission. This position assists with coordinating member communications and assists with financial record-keeping for Kansas Optometric Association (“KOA”) and its subsidiaries. The Member Service Assistant helps event staff to plan and implement events, as well as, serves as a backup for administrative functions.
Member Services and Event Planning
- Assists with member communications, including print and electronic communications.
- Works with the team to communicate with constituents through print, email, phone social media, or as needed.
- Participates as a liaison and organizer in outreach events involving providers, stakeholders, constituents and beneficiaries of KOA.
- Assists with the preparations, staffing and coordination of events.
- Performs general office duties as needed and as assigned.
- Always represents KOA professionally and positively.
- Assists in general office duties including: Filing, assisting with mailing, and answering the telephone.
- Participates as an entry contact for the KOA, including phone and walk-in traffic.
- Assists in maintaining and ordering office supplies and coordinates maintenance of office equipment.
- Maintains a system for recording expenses and the use of petty cash.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or GED required, Associates or Bachelors degree in related field preferred.
- At least one (1) year of administrative, accounting or communications experience is required.
- Experience in bookkeeping and GAAP preferred.
- Experience and a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with internal and external constituents.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail required.
- Creative and strategic-thinking abilities.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to identify and initiate process improvements.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Professional attitude and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to speak in-person or over the phone.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail for extended periods of time.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with internal and external customers.
- Some travel may be required.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.