Company: Kansas Electric Power Cooperative, Inc.
Job Title: The Information Systems Specialist I/II
Job Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Work Schedule: Regular Office Hours, Monday through Friday, limited evening, or weekend hours may be required.
Reporting Relationship: Executive Director, Technical and Energy Services
Location: Topeka, KS
The Information Systems Specialist I/II is a detail-oriented IT professional providing support for KEPCo’s operational and corporate technology needs. Working directly with internal and external stakeholders this position supports KEPCo’s core mission to procure an adequate and reliable power and energy supply for its 16 distribution rural electric cooperative members at a reasonable cost. This position works with many general information technologies in addition to utility specific solutions. Key traits for a successful candidate include a willingness to learn, adaptability, and the desire to be part of a team of service-oriented professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in an information technology or a related discipline from an accredited institution.
- For an Information Systems Specialist II, at least three (3) years of prior directly related experience.
- Demonstrates a professional presence and a commitment to effective job performance.
- Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Exercises sound judgement to make well-informed decisions, and develop, and implement effective solutions.
- Experience or training in configuring computer networks, installing computer operating systems and software, interfacing with cloud computing systems, modern programing languages (primarily web-centric), MS-SQL or MySQL, VMWare virtualization, Active Directory, and Microsoft 365.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting user’s technology needs.
- Valid Kansas drivers’ license.
- Electric utility experience.
- Working knowledge of the FERC/NERC requirements for critical cyber assets.
- Experience or training in business and data analytics.
- Ability to lift twenty (20) pounds.
KEPCo offers a competitive benefits package.
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Security Plan and 401(k)