: Berlin Wheeler
Lead Position, Collections Specialist
Full-Time and/or Part-Time
Full-time Lead Position as a Collections Specialist. **Sign-on Bonus
Berlin-Wheeler, Inc. is located in Topeka, Kansas since 1951, and is a respected member of The Association of Credit and Collection Professionals ACA International. We are looking for a motivated and hardworking individual to work onsite in our expanding Collections Department.
Hours of on-site position:
Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
$13.00 per hour with an Un-capped monthly bonus opportunity
We will train! Must pass drug screening, and background/reference check.
Are you ready for what’s next, now? We are! Do you have the drive to learn, grow, and help a team do the same? Do you value being a part of a dynamic company that focuses on the success of its employees? Then this opportunity is for you!
About the role
The Lead position, in collections, will be responsible for executing goals and objectives. Implements policies and procedures established by Senior Management while providing leadership, direction, and guidance to collectors within 3rd Party Collections. You will also effectively process outbound calls by verifying basic demographic information and initiating the request for payment. All the while providing quality service and ensuring the department’s success by collecting outstanding debts and having direct interaction with the Collection’s Leadership Team. Responsible for special projects as assigned.
- Audit collector performance
- Review collector's daily workload for both quality and quantity according to established standards within the department.
- Provide coaching to the collection’s agent as well as feedback to the supervisor/manager regarding employee quality and performance standards.
- Answer collector inquiries
- Respond to consumer-driven collector inquiries and provide issue resolutions related to consumer accounts, daily tasks, policy and procedures, systems, etc.
- Enhanced Training of Team
- Train new and existing employees in department-specific processes.
- Participate in the design and development of the training process and materials.
- Answer escalated Calls
- Primary Resource for any consumer escalated calls/issues. Responsible for following up and bringing to resolution difficult accounts including an attorney, complaint, bankruptcy, etc.
- Create/Maintain department reports
- Produce and/or maintain department reporting related to collector performance standards (i.e., calls, contacts, inbounds, etc.). This would also include creating and updating SOP's/"Hot Topics" as the need arises.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please apply online at www.berlinwheeler.com we are excited to speak with you!
- Health Care Coverage for Medical, Dental, and Vision for our Employees and Families.
- Earn monthly PTO (Paid Time Off), Annual Vacation, and six (6) paid holidays for our full-time employees.
- 401(k) plan and company-paid life insurance program for our employees and their spouse.
- Annual reviews for employee support, success, and growth within our company!
- Berlin-Wheeler, Inc. believes in the value of diversity and is committed to ensuring an equitable and inclusive workplace where every employee has an equal opportunity to achieve success.