KFMC Health Improvement Partners
Topeka (Hybrid work option)
KFMC Health Improvement Partners (KFMC) is a not-for-profit organization focused on improving healthcare quality. We inspire meaningful change and sustained high performance within the organizations and communities where we work. We’re a diverse team of multi-disciplinary professionals all focused on the same vision…best health outcomes for everyone. We believe our team members do their best work when they love what they do, and we have created an environment that fosters creativity, excellence and fun! We prioritize and value the things that are important to us, both as people and as professionals, including flexibility and a family-friendly culture. KFMC is currently seeking a Project Specialist to support our External Quality Review (EQRO) Team. As a member of EQRO team, this position is primarily responsible for coordinating, supporting and directly participating in the internal and external day-to-day activities associated with meeting the defined goals of various quality review projects. This person will function independently, as well as collaboratively in the conduct, communication, and evaluation of activities involving State Agencies, healthcare providers, beneficiaries and other stakeholders/partners. High School Diploma/GED is required. Graduate of an accredited college or university in a health related course of study, or completion of a technical education program in a health-related or other professional field is preferred. Excellent organizational skills, time management skills, written and oral communication skills, and customer service skills required.
The Project Specialist is responsible for supporting coordination of, and directly participating in the internal and external day-to-day activities associated with meeting defined goals of various healthcare quality projects and/or contracts. This person is expected to function independently, as well as collaboratively in the conduct, communication and evaluation of activities involving State or Federal Agencies, healthcare providers, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders/partners.
1. Assists program director, manager and project management staff in the preparation of proposals, reports, updates, and summaries for all assigned projects. Monitor, update, and assure that quality review reporting and documentation meets project requirements and is accurate and valid.
2. Assist the team in keeping informed of industry changes, trends, and best practices.
3. Assist in ensuring the company’s compliance with regulatory requirements, generating and/or assisting with data/reports that support the assigned project deliverables and the IQC/Dashboard.
4. Facilitate and track project and contract progress through the use of specific project databases and contract management systems.
5. Assist Director/Manager and other team members with project team management functions such as:
- Providing updates to project work plans and timelines as appropriate.
- Researching literature and making recommendations to the project team.
- Functioning as a point of contact to assist State or Federal Agencies and other project stakeholders.
- Facilitating internal activities as needed to complete project tasks.
- Drafting/distributing project related meeting agendas and minutes as assigned.
- Scheduling and setting up in-person or virtual meetings (internal or external) for teams or individuals.
6. Participates in educational efforts as requested, such as:
- Coordination of facility, registration, meeting room setup, etc.
7. Complete all duties as requested by the Director/Manager and other team members as needed.
8. Participate in activities that promote and further develop/enhance KFMC, both internally and externally.
9. Foster teamwork as a team member and as a team facilitator, as demonstrated by:
- Listening and responding constructively to other team members ideas.
- Clearly understanding before attempting to get others to understand when there is disagreement.
- Acknowledging and reinforcing team members for their contributions.
- Enlisting the active participation of everyone.
- Promoting cooperation with other customer and resource teams.
- Promote open communications within the team.
10. Contribute to the achievement of organizational and work team goals by demonstrating awareness of KFMC values.
11. Keep Director/Manager and Team members informed of all activities within area of responsibility.
12. Assist in ensuring the company’s compliance with regulatory requirements.
- High School Diploma/GED is required
- Graduation from an accredited college or university in a health-related course of study; or completion of a technical education program in a health-related or other professional field is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills is required (word processing, data entry, spreadsheet/data analysis, editing, and formatting). Interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail required.
- Creative and strategic-thinking abilities.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to identify and initiate process improvements.
- Professional attitude and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and customer service skills required.
- Work cooperatively with the team members to carry out requests on a timely basis.
- Working knowledge of the various Kansas health care delivery systems is desirable.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) techniques
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Ability to travel as directed by position requirements.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office or remote work setting.
- Interaction with internal and external customers
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.