The Law Offices of John R. Dietrick, P.A.
Exempt, Full Time
Monday through Friday – 8:00am to 4:30pm
CEO and General Counsel
The Employment Law Attorney works with a variety of clients on a wide variety of human resource and legal-related matters under the supervision of licensed attorneys.
- Drafts and reviews legal agreements and documents, including but not limited to employment agreements and separation agreements; responds to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Kansas Human Rights Commission complaints; assists with workforce investigations; conducts legal research and drafts advisory memorandums; advises clients on various matters such as legal rights, liabilities, and strategies; and addresses other legal needs and issues.
- Assists with advising clients on the formulation of plans and policies for human resources activities.
- Assists with advising clients on organizational policy matters such as counseling, discipline, termination, outsourcing, and other employee relations matters such as equal employment opportunities, Reduction in Force, and anti-harassment.
- Advises clients on new and existing employment laws and assists with compliance.
- Assists in performing investigations involving client employment claims.
- Drafts and reviews employee handbooks and employer policies; assists with recommending changes to clients’ policies and procedures to ensure compliance with various laws and regulations.
- Assists clients in documenting and administering leave under the Family Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”).
- Assists clients in navigating the interactive process and identifying reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”).
- Assists with conducting benefits reviews and/or compensation reviews and analyses projects.
- Assists with conducting analysis of job descriptions; ensure essential functions are identified and evaluate Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”) status.
- Assists with administering and/or facilitating the recruitment process from identifying staffing needs to position analysis, sourcing, interviews, candidate comparison and job offers.
- Assists with posting articles, etc. to social media, website, and newsletter.
- Attends meetings, conferences and participate in professional development sessions or seminars as requested.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Licensed Attorney in the State of Kansas. Missouri License preferred.
- Experience working in an office and/or team environment.
- Excellent written communication skills, effective time management, and professional maturity are required.
- Ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to problem solve and handle a variety of variables.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective client working relationships with a variety of employers.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written) skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, manage projects, and meet client deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- Punctual, reliable, and self-motivated.
- Ability to present a positive and professional attitude to clients, management, and staff.
- Ability to meet both client needs and management directives on a reliable and consistent basis.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail.
- Ability to lift and move items up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to make many phone contacts.
- Ability to drive an automobile – valid Driver’s License required.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Effective interaction with co-workers, public and private officials, and the general public.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.