Washburn University Alumni Association and Foundation
Director of Development – School of Law
Executive Director of Development and Alumni Relations – School of Law
Onsite, Washburn University Foundation Building
The Director of Development – School of Law is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major and deferred gift donors from an active portfolio of individual prospects to maximize private support for the School of Law and Washburn University, consistent with the overall plan of the Foundation. This position is a key contributor to the Foundations fundraising efforts and will work collaboratively with the Executive Director of Development and Alumni Relations – Law School to secure support for university priorities.
Who You Are:
The Director of Development – School of Law will work in a collegial and strategic manner with the development team in creating and implementing strategies for engagement, cultivation, solicitation, and closure of gifts. They will be both behaviorally and linguistically flexible, intellectually and socially curious, possess the ability to distill information, and capable of strategically soliciting prospective donors. The Director of Development will adhere to the highest ethical standards, work independently, and be self-motivated in initiating contacts with potential donors.
What you will bring to the team:
- Curiosity and passion to learn. You enjoy learning about new things, new ideas, new concepts, and new discoveries;
- Desire to ask questions, hear stories, and learn about people’s past experiences. Ability to listen is essential;
- Capacity to distill the most important information to enhance and deepen your relationship with donors. Can recognize what matters and communicate the most relevant information;
- Excellence at developing strategic outreach plans and crafting personalized experiences for each donor. Possess the confidence and the skill to ask for gifts artfully and effectively. Comfortable with silence, and undeterred by rejection;
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills;
- Ability to handle multi-functional tasks and have a demonstrated record of completing assignments, meeting deadlines and goals;
- Willingness to travel and work evenings and weekends as necessary;
- Professional attitude and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
To apply and view the full job description:
Please CLICK HERE
, and submit your resume, cover letter and three professional references.