Manhattan Area Technical College
Director of Admissions
Pay Grade 5 (Salary Range: $14.50 - $16.00 per hour)
maximum 25 hours per week
As a Part-Time College Admissions Coordinator, you will be a key player in the enrollment process, assisting prospective students in navigating the complexities of college admissions. Your role will involve reviewing applications, conducting informational sessions, and offering personalized guidance to help students make well-informed decisions.
- Process timely and accurate admission applications into the Student Information System (SIS).
- Provide guidance and support to prospective students and their families throughout the admissions process, including advising on application requirements, financial aid, and scholarships.
- Engage prospective students via telephone, email, chat, and text messaging about their future with the goal of enrollment into the College.
- Meet recruitment goals as assigned by the Director of Admissions.
- Conduct individual and group informational sessions, both in person and virtually, to showcase the institution's programs, campus life, and student resources.
- Collaborate with the Admissions team to develop and implement recruitment strategies, including participation in college fairs, high school visits, and open houses.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating admission events to engage with potential students and their families.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records using admissions software and databases.
- Respond promptly to inquiries from prospective students, parents, and educational partners via various communication channels.
- Foster relationships with high school counselors and educational/community organizations to enhance recruitment efforts.
- Any other duties and responsibilities necessary to further the mission of the College and/or advance the Admissions Office.
- Highschool diploma; associate degree preferred. The College will consider meaningful educational, work and/or military experience in exchange for degree requirements where appropriate.
- Be willing to travel as required to fulfill recruitment goals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to connect with diverse audiences.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license.
- Empathetic and patient approach when guiding students and families through the admissions process.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of college admissions procedures and best practices.
- Previous experience in college admissions, counseling, or education is a plus.
- Familiarity with admissions software and technology is an advantage.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail, email, and talk on the phone.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to twenty-five (25) lbs.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse
- Ability to work occasional evenings and attend events as required.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an educational setting.
- Interaction with students, staff, faculty, administration, and guests.
- Ability to effectively cultivate and support a team-based, highly interdepartmental communicative, hands-on approach that is conducive to MATC’s culture.
To apply, visit: MATC Career Page
NOTICE OF SPECIAL POSITION OF EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
1. This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all duties and results to be performed in this position. Duties and Performance standards may be added, subtracted, and/or changed by your supervisor at any time due to changes in department or institutional requirements.
2. Unless exempt due to employment contract signed by the President, all employees of Manhattan Tech are to be considered as an “at-will” employee.
3. All employees of Manhattan Tech are considered “responsible employees” pertaining to Title IX regulations concerning both prevention and reporting of sexual assault or harassment situations. As such, all employees must communicate with the Title IX Coordinator if they witness or hear about sexual assault or harassment situations.
4. Manhattan Tech is an equal opportunity employer and complies with EEOC and ADA employment requirements. Manhattan Tech grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or veteran status.
5. All ‘offers of employment” are subject to criminal background check prior to employment.