Community Care Network of Kansas
Chief Executive Officer
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (or similar schedule)
Who We Are: Community Care Network of Kansas
Community Care Network of Kansas strives to make sure all Kansans have access to high-quality, community-based, whole-person health care close to home.
We are a statewide association made up of a network of community care clinics. Our members serve as the community resource at the local level, dedicated to ensuring the best medical, dental and behavioral care is available to all.
Together, we are leaders in training, technical assistance, and health care public policy discussions at the local, state and federal levels. We collaborate with other health care providers, foundations and individuals who have partnered together to educate and advocate for equitable access to high-quality care for all. We believe healthy Kansans build strong and vibrant communities, which strengthens the overall quality of life in our great state.
Primary Accountabilities (Responsibilities):
Reporting directly to the chief executive officer (CEO), the executive assistant provides high-level, confidential administrative support to the CEO and the board of directors. Duties may be clerical, administrative and project-based and include scheduling travel, arranging meetings, handling information requests, preparing reports and correspondence and liaising with board members. The executive assistant will exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, have strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. This position is often privy to confidential information and as such, requires diplomacy and discretion.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that includes: composing and preparing correspondence; completing expense reports and other financial documents; arranging complex and detailed travel plans; and compiles documents for meetings
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected, seeking win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office
- Assists in coordinating the agenda for the executive and other leadership meetings
- Prepares for internal and external meetings hosted or participated by the CEO, including inviting attendees; preparing meeting agendas, formatting meeting materials; arranging virtual connections; documenting notes and facilitating follow up
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to lead the organization
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Researches, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO
Communications and Partnerships
- Provides logistical and meeting support for bi-monthly meetings of the board of directors
- Prepares and disseminates board packets and drafts meeting minutes
- Finalizes strategic plan reports and other documents necessary for board meetings
- Supports the Nomination Committee in annual board and officer elections
- Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging and meal planning as needed
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality with all board members
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and external partners; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with partners
- Supports the CEO in external commitments related to Community Care, including service on external boards, committees, and other groups
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stakeholders
- Ensures that the CEO’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the CEO and the organization in general
- Serves as back up to administrative assistants for telephone and other clerical support.
- Works collaboratively with staff to build and maintain a strong team environment to accomplish the tasks necessary to serve and support the goals of Community Care
- Participates in special events
- Attends staff meetings and other meetings, as required
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED is required; some post-secondary education or training is preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in a similar role handling executive administrative tasks is required, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Passion and commitment to improving health and social justice; experience working in/with a community health center or other non-profit clinic environment preferred
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, electronic marketing platform, webinar and meeting hosting platform, and project management software.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with staff, board members, external partners, legislators and state officials, and funders
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Highly resourceful team-player and able to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced and changing environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, proposes solutions, and seeks to continually improve
- Regularly maintain stationary position with regular need to relocate to attend meetings internally and externally
- Ability to read computer screens and operate computer peripherals for an extended period of time, or the ability to discern electronic information through reasonably available accommodations
- Regularly communicate with staff, members and stakeholders in verbally and in writing through in-person, virtual, or other communication vehicles
- Professional, face-paced and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting with regulated temperatures and moderate noise level
Excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, 401(k), generous holiday, vacation, and sick leave, and more