Manhattan Area Technical College
As Negotiated in Offer Letter
Level 9 ($32,056 -$48,084)
Dean of Student Services
The Registrar provides leadership ensuring student record integrity and compliance with state, federal, and college regulations. This position plans, organizes, and manages all activities related to the student records and enrollment, and ensures accuracy and compliance of college curriculum.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF FUNCTION:
Under the direction of the Dean of Student Services, the Registrar oversees operations and compliance related to student records, registration, and the college’s curriculum in coordination with the Dean of Instruction and Vice President of Student Success.
- Organize and administer records, registration, and graduation functions, including transcript evaluations, health professions admissions,.etc., to provide exemplary service to students while ensuring efficient and effective workflow. These functions include:
- Supervise the registration of continuing and incoming students.
- Assess transfer credit and its applicability toward degree.
- Evaluate credits earned for degree completion and graduation.
- Organize and coordinate pre-enrollment and enrollment processes;
- Collect, record, maintain, and report student records within FERPA guidelines.
- Oversee the accurate grade reporting and maintenance of permanent student and academic records, and in monitoring accuracy of student information data.
- Oversee the maintenance of transcripts and storage of academic data in the student information system.
- Assist in evaluation of information from students for consideration of prior learning assessment.
- Complete the evaluation and certification of all graduation applications while overseeing the complete graduation process and conferring degrees; to include assisting the Dean of Student Service with all elements of the commencement ceremony
- Collaborate with administrators, faculty, IT, and student services to facilitate and improve services to students, including catalog and registration and records policy questions.
- Serve on Data Team, and coordinate with Director of Institutional Reporting and Instructional Technology to meet institutional reporting requirements.
- Remain current with applicable regulations, review and recommend revisions of institutional policies for compliance. Responsible for compliance with related policies, procedures, and schedules.
- Assume primary responsibility for adherence to policies and procedures regarding creation and maintenance of student records; including reporting and maintaining records with the National Student Clearing House database.
- Provide leadership and develop appropriate recommendations for the implementation of related technology application in support of enhanced services in Student Services.
- Provide training and guidance related to student records, student privacy rights, and related regulations to college personnel and students.
- Coordinate with Vice President of Student Success in creating semester course schedules and confirming accuracy of course set-up/line schedule (i.e., section numbers, course numbers, course titles, etc.).
- Collaborate with Vice President of Student Success to confirm accuracy of course catalog curriculum, to include taking curriculum through college governance system and updating college data system and Kansas Board of Regents system appropriately.
- Participate in professional development activities and serves on college committees that support the goals and objectives of the college.
- Perform other duties as assigned by MATC administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Student Services, or related field OR 2 years of full-time work-related experience;
- Proficiency in computer applications including, but not limited to, database, word processing, and spreadsheet;
- Strong, demonstrated oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Strong, demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Strong, demonstrated ability to train others in use of computer software;
- Experience with Jenzabar preferred
– the incumbent may be expected to perform the following during any part of the working day: speaking, observing, hearing, hand/eye coordination for computer operations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail, email, talk on the phone.
- Ability to work occasional evenings.
- Ability to speak, observe, hear, and maintain hand/eye coordination
- Ability to life up to 25 pounds
To apply for this position, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MANHATTAN AREA TECHNICAL COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE COMPLY WITH TITLE IX OF THE EDUCATIONAL AMENDMENTS OF 1972. WE COMPLY WITH THE REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973, THE VIETNAM ERA VETERANS’ READJUSTMENT ASSISTANCE ACT OF 1974, AND THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an educational setting.
- Interact effectively and professionally with students, staff, faculty, and guests.
- Display a student-centered approach.