Human Resources Advisor
This position plans, directs, and coordinates human resources management activities of various clients to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as employee benefits, employer-employee relations, compensation, recruitment, personnel policies, and regulatory compliance.
- Advise clients on the formulation of plans and policies for human resources activities.
- Advise clients on organizational policy matters such as counseling, discipline, termination, outsourcing, and other employee relations matters such as equal employment opportunities, Reduction in Force, and anti-harassment.
- Recommend changes to clients’ policies and procedures to ensure compliance with various laws and regulations.
- Conduct audits of human resources activities to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and applicable laws/regulations.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefit policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Administer compensation, benefits, and performance management systems.
- Conduct benefits reviews and/or compensation reviews and analyses projects.
- Conduct analysis of job descriptions; ensure essential functions are identified and evaluate FLSA status.
- Administer and/or facilitate the recruitment process from identifying staffing needs to position analysis, sourcing, interviews, candidate comparison and job offers. Act as consultant to the client’s management/hiring team.
- Serve as a link between client and employees by responding to questions, interpreting and administrating contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Lead special and cross-functional project teams.
- Present training sessions related to assigned programs/clients.
- Draft proposals for human resources activities requested by prospective and current clients.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and seminars as requested.
- Participate in professional development sessions or seminars as requested.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by HR Partners.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a related field required and two to five years of job-related experience in human resources preferred.
- Human Resources Certification preferred. Otherwise, certification (PHR and/or SPHR) must be earned within first year of employment.
- Public-speaking experience desired.
- Knowledge of management, supervisor, leadership methods and principles.
- Knowledge of the organization, operating procedures, and policies of a human resource department.
- Knowledge of techniques for interviewing, selecting, and recruiting applicants for employment.
- Ability to present training programs to clients.
- Ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to problem solve and handle a variety of variables.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective client working relationships with a variety of employers.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written) skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, manage projects, and meet client deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- Punctual, reliable, and self-motivated.
- Ability to present a positive and professional attitude to clients, HR Partners management and staff.
- Ability to meet both client needs and HR Partners management directives on a reliable and consistent basis.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens and mail.
- Ability to lift and move items up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to make many phone contacts.
- Ability to drive an automobile – valid Driver’s License required.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Effective interaction with co-workers, public and private officials, and the general public.
- Type - conferences, seminars, meetings or training.
- Frequency – limited travel.
- Qualifications – valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.