CoreFirst Bank & Trust
The Trust Assistant supports the Trust Officer in the management of Trust Department client accounts. In collaboration with the Trust Officer, the Assistant is responsible for providing personal and professional service to the client. The Trust Assistant establishes a relationship with Trust clients (those with Personal Trust Accounts [Living and Testimony], Agency Accounts ([Custody and Investment Management], Estates, and Conservatorships) as well as familiarity with the Bank’s policies and procedures. This role contributes to the development and retention of client relationships by providing consistently high-quality customer service.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Coordinates new account set-up:
Organizes and oversees existing trusts as assigned including:
- Provides computer input for new accounts
- Prepares new account folders
- Establishes tax cost basis of assets transferred to new trust/IM accounts
- Oversees OBO/NOBO documentation, CIP, and income distribution documentation for Trust accounts.
Coordinates life needs for current clients:
- Reviewing, approving, and responding to mail and bills presented for payment
- Maintaining medical health files including processing claims, verifying payments, etc.
- Collecting, organizing, and tracking all tax information for review by Trust Officer
Assists Trust Officer upon death of client:
- Maintains payroll records for all caregivers used by trust clients which includes processing checks, withholding tax information, and working with accounting firm for reporting.
- Coordinates and oversees the sale and/or shipping of all personal property, appraisals of jewelry/coins/property, and moves to new residence for trust clients
- Maintains and tracks life insurance policies which includes keeping information up-to-date on Insurance IQ and tracking premium payments.
- Maintains and tracks real estate assets including insurance premiums, inspections, and real estate taxes.
- Prepares Date of Death and 6-month Alternate Date of Death Valuations
- Files insurance claims
- Assists with any other tasks finalizing the client’s estate
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Cross-verifies obituaries daily with client Trust, Will, and Self-Trusteed databases
- Sets up and maintains will and self-trust files which includes conducting an annual audit of vault files
- Responsible for maintaining departmental forms/reports, and creates new ones as needed
- Inputs and maintains CIF files
- Maintains orderly, current files and retrieves files/researches information for Trust Officer as needed
- Types dictation on a daily basis. Also types reports, documents, and other correspondence by utilizing applications on the word processing system.
- Acts as back up for the front receptionist desk. Assists customers and answers the telephone.
One year administrative experience required. Securities background preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and may be of a personal or sensitive nature when working through escalations. Must be able to empathize with others and foster sound relationships.
- Adherence to the CoreFirst Bank & Trust Values of Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability.
- High level of skill in the CoreFirst Bank & Trust Competencies of Customer Focus, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management.
- Intermediate 10-key, data entry, and typing skills required.
- Intermediate ability with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe preferred.
- Ability to select and use appropriate technology to accomplish a given task, and determine how to make the best use of existing hardware and software preferred.
- Must be able to apply computing skills to solve problems.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work, in order to meet deadlines and maximize efficiency and profitability. Must be attentive to detail and a self-starter.
- Ability to recognize there is a problem, when something is wrong or likely to go wrong and determining the most effective way to solve the problem.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills, including advanced spelling, punctuation, and grammar skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen to customers and other employees. Physical activities include a combination of constant sitting, constant hand motion, and occasional standing/walking. These activities are not necessarily performed to the same degree and combination every day.
Travel is negligible. It is primarily local during the business day, although some local evening and weekend travel may be needed.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applicants must pass a drug screening and background check.
Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job, and must submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst Bank & Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or genetics. It is the policy of CoreFirst Bank & Trust to comply with all federal, state, and local laws concerning the employment of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans, and to act in accordance with regulations and guidance issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), in every location in which CoreFirst has facilities. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, and any other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.