Norton County Hospital
Surgery Circulating RN
Norton County Hospital has a full time career opportunity for a Circulating RN in our Surgery Department. NCH offers competitive salaries with benefit package including Paid Time Off, BCBS health insurance, and KPERS retirement, life insurance, and disability.
Primary Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Pre-operative cleaning of OR equipment with disinfectant solution.
- Organizes and sets up OR equipment and supplies for procedures.
- Checks patient’s ID band, verbal identification, allergies, operative site and procedure and assists CRNA in preparation of patient.
- Counts sponges, tapes, needles, instruments with scrub nurse, before beginning of case and with closure.
- Circulates operative procedure for additional supplies and medications as needed by the surgeon, scrub nurse and CRNA and maintains aseptic technique.
- Completes surgical documentation for each procedure.
- Assists CRNA as needed post-operative and with the transfer of the patient from the OR bed to the recovery room cart providing patient safety. Assists RR nurse as needed as patient recovers post-operative.
- Cares for surgical specimens for preservation, labels and delivers specimens to the lab.
Applications can be picked up at the Hospital Admissions Desk, requested by email from email@example.com
, or printed from our website’s Employment Opportunities page at www.ntcohosp.com
. Please return to Human Resources or Sonya Cap, Director of Nursing, Norton County Hospital, P.O. Box 250, Norton, Kansas 67654 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org