Community Engagement Manager
40 hours per week, occasional early mornings, evenings or weekends
Vice President of Development
The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for working with the VP of Development & Marketing to plan, implement and evaluate Capper Foundation’s (Capper) fundraising events, which includes incorporating volunteers and seeking business partners to support the mission of Capper while representing Capper in community engagement. This role is also responsible for assisting with donor cultivation and relations and public awareness presentations.
- Works with the VP of Development & Marketing to develop, coordinate and execute annual and special events. Engages and recruits volunteer leadership and committees to plan, support and evaluate all aspects of the special events. Develops goals and objectives for the committees, facilitates meetings and leads the committees towards successfully completing the established goals and objectives of the event. Maintains minutes of committee meetings and other important records of event activities.
- Works with Volunteer Coordinator to recruit, schedule and manage volunteers for special events and community engagement activities. Oversees maintenance and updating of accurate recording of sponsors, special event volunteers and event donor gifts. Coordinates acknowledgement of volunteers, sponsors and guests in a timely manner with the Development Services Specialist.
- Creates and adheres to event budgets and timelines to guide and coordinate the events, while monitoring the progress of registration, ticket sales and income goals.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Team to develop marketing messages for special events and development of related communications.
- Works with the VP of Development & Marketing and other key individuals to identify, cultivate and solicit prospective event sponsors and seek people with influence and other key individuals to engage and secure sponsorships at levels necessary to meet income objectives.
- Fulfills stewardship responsibilities for all volunteers, sponsors and guests by reporting on the use of funds raised, results achieved and impact on the organization’s constituents. Coordinates with Development Services Specialist preparation of letters to acknowledge donations and sponsorships of events.
- Serves as liaison for corporate and community giving events. Assists with public presentations in support of enhancing public awareness for businesses and area groups.
- Assists VP of Development & Marketing with donor contact, relations and cultivation.
- Assists Development Services Specialist with coordinating annual employee fundraising campaign to maximize potential for 100% participation.
- Manages data records and reporting for event software. Assists Development and Marketing staff in the use of the event software, word processing software, etc. Provides reports as requested.
- Assists with the development of strategic and operational plans to assure progress in achieving goals and objectives. Actively participates in discussions, provides information and input to the VP of Development & Marketing and supports the organization and all of its activities.
- Recommends a variety of formulas to produce a targeted list of constituents for invitation lists and works with Development team with direct marketing appeals and email marketing.
- Recommends software and hardware updates and enhancement to the VP of Development & Marketing.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma and/or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- At least 1-3 years of fundraising experience and an understanding of the role of development within a not-for-profit human services organization.
- Read, write and speak fluent English.
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to conduct public presentations to businesses and area groups.
- Ability to provide excellent, professional customer service.
- Must be able to pass background checks and drug test per agency procedures.
- Frequent bending, standing or sitting.
- Ability to read computer screens for an extended period.
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Direct contact with individuals who are severely physically and/or developmentally disabled and who may exhibit unpredictable behavior and uncontrollable outbursts. The physical characteristics of the work environment are such that noise and odor control procedures are required. May work with individuals with Hepatitis B and/or other blood borne pathogens.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.