Kansas Medical Clinic PA ["KMC"]
Dermatology Registered Nurse, or Licensed Practical Nurse
Shawnee, KS [Kansas City Market]
Assisting physicians with patient care and handling clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks. Provides information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from the clinical services.
Company Performance Statements:
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Work in alignment with company culture, “The Great Philosophy”
- Research patient records from other physicians, having relevant information available and/or scanned into the EMR for the office visit.
- Perform and document patient assessment in preparation for physician office exam.
- Work side by side with Provider and assist provider with examination when needed.
- Maintain accurate patient records.
- Set up surgical trays for all procedures.
- Work from set protocols.
- Perform patient education.
- Assist with scheduling procedures and tests.
- Assist and perform specialized testing.
- Make phone calls to patients regarding advice, test results, follow up appointments.
- Refill prescriptions with pharmacy as directed by the provider.
- Complete appropriate paperwork and phone call to preauthorize medications and testing.
- Assist with phone triage.
- Give injections, including cosmetic injections, as directed by provider.
- Keep exam rooms neat, clean and well stocked.
- Assist in improving processes.
- Ability to work well within a team environment: by accepting and offering honest and constructive feedback; by supporting team goals and encouraging other team members and by collaborating with patient care team members to consolidate work, solve problems, create new methods and or reduce costs.
- Ability to be self-directed in executing responsibilities and direction, within a team structure.
- Shows flexibility/adaptability in meeting constraints and demands placed on services
- Ability to communicate effectively with physicians and other health care professionals in exchanging information and assisting with patient care.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
18 years of age with a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), Registered Nurse certification or Licensed Practical Nurse.
Minimum two-three years of recent experience working in a medical facility as a registered nurse or LPN. Dermatology experience preferred or experience leading/supervising a team. Must have exceptional organizational skills.
PRN employees are expected to work a minimum of one (1) day per month.
Current CPR certification and current health records with the appropriate immunizations to work in the health care field (hepatitis B and tuberculosis).
- Knowledge of health care field and medical office protocols/procedures.
- Knowledge of specific assisting tasks related to particular medical practice.
- Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patients and families.
- Skill in performing medical assistance tasks appropriately.
- Skill intact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions.
- Skill in understanding patient education needs by effectively sharing information with patients and families.
- Ability to learn and retain information regarding patient care procedures.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and complete delegated tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
Standard medical exam/office equipment, which may include computerized health information management system for medical records, etc.
Work performed in an outpatient clinic setting with exposure to virus, disease and infection from patients and specimens. Interaction with patients, staff, physicians, pharmacists and other medical facilities.
Frequent walking, sitting, squatting and occasionally lifting up to 30 pounds. Working at a video display terminal for extended periods. Functioning in high stress situations.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.