CoreFirst Bank & Trust
Branch Sales Manager
Topeka, Kansas (North Plaza)
Personal Bankers assist existing and potential bank customers with products and services. This key sales and service role generates new business and strengthens household relationships by selling the benefits of CoreFirst products and services. Helps perform outbound sales calls and other business-generating activity.
Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Illustrates and sells the benefits of CoreFirst products and services to prospective and current customers to generate new business and strengthen existing household relationships
- Open banking accounts, process loan applications, answer customers’ questions, perform account maintenance, and assist customers with bank processes and procedures
- Responsible for meeting assigned branch sales goals
- Participates in daily branch operations including, but not limited to, opening and/or closing the branch, balancing the vault, assisting with completion of internal records and audit logs, administering safe deposit box needs, performing teller duties as required, and carrying out other administrative functions, as needed
- Requires One (1) year of customer service experience, including cash handling
- One (1) year of banking experience strongly preferred
- Six (6) months of sales experience preferred
- Working knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft suite
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in procedure and/or technology
- Proficiency with process and procedures related to consumer deposit and loan products
- Professionalism and composure; strong sales awareness; ability to contribute to a motived environment; ability to monitor key details and set priorities; goal-oriented mindset
Work involves interactions with others and may be of a personal or sensitive nature when working through escalations. Additional skills include developing relationships, motivating, influencing, and training others. Ability to maintain composure and professionalism when handling complex situations.
Adherence to CoreFirst Values; Respect, Communication, Integrity, Initiative, and Accountability. A secondary focus on internal and external Customers, Compliance, Ethics, Perseverance, and Time Management is also essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk. Some light physical effort required including ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, and for the purpose of covering shifts at other branches. Some evening travel may be needed, occasionally, for the purposes of training which may in the Topeka area.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Applicants must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screening and background check.
Internal applicants must be meeting the minimum requirements of their current job, and should submit a cover letter and resume via the employee portal.
CoreFirst provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CoreFirst complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.