Industrial Maintenance, Inc
Temporary: 8-10 weeks
Manager, Mechanical Design
The Mechanical Draftsman/Designer is responsible for using best practices to create mechanical designs, drawings, and Bills of Materials (BOMs)
and is responsible for modification of Inventor drawing layouts, drawings and responsible for managing client design concerns and alterations.
- Designs and modifies drawing layouts utilizing the newest version of AutoCAD software.
- Creates accurate and detailed manifest/BOMs for construction drawings
- Researches, reviews, and prepares mechanical installation drawings per project requirements.
- Researches, reviews, and prepares as built drawings per project requirements and makes corrections and revisions as needed for release to customer.
- Researches and reviews customer specifications.
- Researches and develops layout drawings as required.
- Reviews entry-level and peer review intermediate level drawings for accuracy.
- Visits on-site locations to obtain project information
- Establishes engineering standard design plans with Project Engineer.
- Determines if system layout requires additional engineering materials and layout review.
- Fosters long-term relationships and optimizes processes to enhance performance.
- Ensures compliance with all company, state, and federal regulations.
- Associates degree or higher in computer aided design (CAD), or other related field or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Experience using 3D CAD software (Inventor and/or Solidworks) is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Experience in industrial plant layouts including package handling or structural detailing is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of steel applications (e.g., angle, tube, channel, and sheet).
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Sharp attention to detail is required.
- Ability to document and organize multiple projects and revisions.
- Ability to follow department procedures and standards when detailing drawings.
- Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling customer demands.
- Ability to operate in challenging and fast paced situations.
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet strict deadlines, identify, and address problems in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- A record of satisfactory performance and reliability in all prior and current employment.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read computer screens, email and talk on the phone.
- Ability to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Ability to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and distance vision.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to lift ten (10) pounds
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in both office and home office settings.
- Interaction with team members and clients in both remote and on-site locations.
- Occasional in and out-of-state travel with some overnight stays as needed.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.