Company: PARS | Safe Streets
Job Title: Support and Outreach/Case Manager Coordinator
Job Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Topeka, KS
The S.A.V.E Project is seeking a part-time (20/hrs. weekly) Support and Outreach/Case Manager Coordinator to assist the Project Manager in the Shawnee County S.A.V.E Project. The Service and Outreach/Case Manager Coordinator will provide direct support to the identified S.A.V.E participants and their families to coordinate a partnership of social service agencies, service and outreach providers, and prevention/early intervention programs. S.A.V.E is modeled after the National Network for Safe Communities’ group violence reduction intervention strategy called Group Violence Intervention. This position will coordinate with partner agencies, social service providers and community members to create a unique support structure tailored to the participants of S.A.V.E. Additionally the Support and Outreach Coordinator will serve as referral sources of contact for participants interested in getting support; this includes but is not limited to meetings with participants to do initially program assessments, walking them through all the resources available, attending referral meetings, following up with the participants and their families and referral agencies to ensure the participant is having success, holding partners accountable, and providing mentorship and support to the participants.
- Provide general service management which includes day to day coordination of social services referral and delivery to identified persons participating in the Shawnee County S.A.V.E Program.
- Conduct individualized in-take assessments and plans
- Identify social service resources locally and identify gaps in needed services/assistance and work to close gaps.
- Work with S.A.V.E. Project Manager to develop a system of effective service/intervention referral, delivery and tracking
- Arrange for offender access to services
- Network with community providers
- Maintain confidentiality
- Work with the Project Manager to assist in the monitor and tracking of participation in the
S.A.V.E Program in interventions including outcomes:
- With assistance of the Project Manager, coordinate with existing services and service providers.
- With assistance from the Project Manager, develop a directory of services that may be useful to clients, including family services, state and local assistance programs, transportation options, job opportunity services, etc.
- Attend participants of S.A.V.E call-ins and social service working group meetings
- Participate in regular conference calls with Project Manager
- Ensure that all services are in alignment with the overall project mission and are in direct support of established project goals, objectives, policies and protocols, while allowing for unique local conditions, resources and needs.
- Document all activities. Maintain meeting minutes, contact information and activity reports.
- Participate in trainings as required
- Participate in Custom Notifications (as needed)
- Community based
- Participate during Call-Ins (as needed)
- Participate in Monthly Service and Outreach Meetings
- Participate in Street Team Meetings
- Participate in S.A.V.E Leadership Meetings
- Collaboratively working the Project Manager to produce monthly activity reports
- Collaboratively working the Project Manager on Quarterly progress reports
Qualifications/Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Case management experience with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Ability to pass a background check
- Strong ties to the community.
- Demonstrated knowledge of challenges facing justice-involved populations
- Experience in coordinating service delivery
- Demonstrated working knowledge of supportive services and resources
- Demonstrated ability to advocate, organize and problem-solve
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient with word processing and basic databases (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Candidates must be able to work collaboratively and effectively with law enforcement
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
Prevention and Resiliency Services, Inc. provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace