Forty (40) hours per week, occasional early mornings, evenings or weekends.
Manager of Adult Services
The Instructor will teach, establish, develop and supervises their area of expertise for persons supported through Capper Foundation. The Instructor is responsible for integrating individuals served to new skills and building on current skills to allow them to become more independent and gain valuable knowledge. This position will provide training and support needed to the individuals in the Capper Adult Services day program.
- Facilitates specific programs to enhance the skills of persons supported.
- Conducts classes, on the job training, workshops, and demonstrations to teach principles, techniques or methods in subjects such as basic cooking, art, engine repair, auto detailing and woodworking.
- Supervises and monitor use of tools and equipment.
- Works with individuals or in small groups to instruct regarding proper methods.
- Observes and evaluate students' work to determine progress, provide feedback, and make suggestions for improvement.
- Adapts teaching methods and instructional materials to meet varying student needs, abilities, and interests.
- Works with individuals served to help them achieve their goals based on their individual preferences and abilities.
- Teach socially acceptable behavior, employing techniques such as behavior modification and positive reinforcement.
- Communicates with staff regarding progress of person supported.
- Follow organizational policies
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- High School diploma and/or GED required. Technical degree or certificate preferred.
- Read, write and speak fluent English.
- Strong verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Proven experience with specific subject matter.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to provide excellent, professional customer service.
- Must be able to pass background checks and drug test per agency procedures.
- Frequent bending, standing or sitting.
- Ability to read computer screens for an extended period.
- Able to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Direct contact with individuals who are severely physically and/or developmentally disabled and who may exhibit unpredictable behavior and uncontrollable outbursts. The physical characteristics of the work environment are such that noise and odor control procedures are required. May work with individuals with Hepatitis B and/or other blood borne pathogens.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.