Company: Community Care Network of Kansas
Job Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Job Classification: Full-Time, Non-exempt
Supervisor: Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00pm (or similar schedule)
Salary: commensurate with education and experience
Who We Are
Community Care Network of Kansas strives to make sure all Kansans have access to high-quality, community-based, whole-person health care close to home.
We are a statewide association made up of a network of community care clinics. Our members serve as the community resource at the local level, dedicated to ensuring the best medical, dental, and behavioral care is available to all.
Together, we are leaders in training, technical assistance, and health care public policy discussions at the local, state, and federal levels. We collaborate with other health care providers, foundations and individuals who have partnered together to educate and advocate for equitable access to high-quality care for all. We believe healthy Kansans build strong and vibrant communities, which strengthens the overall quality of life in our great state.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Financial Officer (COO/CFO), the Executive Administrative Assistant provides high-level, confidential administrative support to the Executive Team which includes the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) along with the COO/CFO and the board of directors. Duties are clerical, administrative, and project-based including, but not limited to scheduling travel, arranging meetings, handling information requests, preparing reports and correspondence and liaising with board members. The Executive Administrative Assistant will exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, have strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. This position is often privy to confidential information and as such, requires diplomacy and discretion.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Team that includes composing and preparing correspondence; completing expense reports and other financial documents; arranging complex and detailed travel plans; and compiling documents for meetings.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures the CEO’s and Executive Team’s schedule is followed and respected, seeking win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda for the executive and other leadership meetings.
- Prepares for internal and external meetings hosted or participated by the CEO and Executive Team, including inviting attendees; preparing meeting agendas, formatting meeting materials; arranging virtual connections; documenting notes and facilitating follow up.
- Works with Executive Team on company-wide project management and planning.
- Meets with Executive Team after executive and other leadership meetings to review action items and next steps.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Executive Team’s ability to lead the organization.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Researches, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Executive Team as requested.
Communications and Partnerships
- Provides logistical and meeting support for bi-monthly meetings of the board of directors.
- Prepares and disseminates board packets and drafts meeting minutes.
- Finalizes strategic plan reports and other documents necessary for board meetings.
- Supports the Nomination Committee in annual board and officer elections.
- Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging and meal planning as needed.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality with all board members
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO and external partners; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with partners.
- Supports the CEO in external commitments related to Community Care, including service on external boards, committees, and other groups.
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stakeholders.
- Ensures that the CEO’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the CEO and the organization in general.
- Serves as back up to administrative assistants for telephone and other clerical support.
- Works collaboratively with staff to build and maintain a strong team environment to accomplish the tasks necessary to serve and support the goals of Community Care
- Participates in special events
- Attends staff meetings and other meetings, as required
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, may substitute education with related work experience.
- Five (5) years of experience in a similar role handling executive administrative tasks is required, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Passion and commitment to improving health and social justice; experience working in/with a community health center or other non-profit clinic environment preferred
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, electronic marketing platform, webinar and meeting hosting platform, and project management software.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with staff, board members, external partners, legislators and state officials, and funders
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Highly resourceful team-player and able to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced and changing environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, proposes solutions, and seeks to continually improve
- Regularly maintain stationary position with regular need to relocate to attend meetings internally and externally
- Ability to read computer screens and operate computer peripherals for an extended period of time, or the ability to discern electronic information through reasonably available accommodations
- Regularly communicate with staff, members and stakeholders in verbally and in writing through in-person, virtual, or other communication vehicles
- Professional, face-paced and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting with regulated temperatures and moderate noise level
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this position description at any time. The position description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow Community Care policies and procedures and maintain a professional personal appearance and workspace. Employees are required to follow any other position-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by the employee’s supervisor.