Kansas Livestock Association
The Administrative Director serves as the primary meeting and event planner for KLA. The Administrative Director also serves as the office manager for the KLA office in Topeka.
- Demonstrated success in event planning.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and management skills.
- Experience in building and maintaining enriching business relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills, including multitasking, time management, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience – preferred.
- Plan and execute meetings and events hosted by KLA and its affiliates. This includes the Annual KLA Convention, Legislative Meeting, Ranch Field Days, and other events.
- Develop budgets, negotiate contracts, and secure sponsors for all meetings and events.
- Plan and facilitate logistics for all events, including guest lists, venue preparation, presentation materials, catering, entertainment, transportation, decor, and marketing.
- Coordinate with KLA staff on event and meeting programs that provide value to KLA members.
- Book travel for staff and volunteer leaders.
- Manage the KLA office including maintenance and repair needs, secure the necessary service providers, and purchase office supplies.
- Manage administrative support staff.
- Assist in answering phone calls and coordinate staff schedules to ensure calls are answered.
- Serve as executive assistant to the CEO.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
The Kansas Livestock Association provides a competitive salary and benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401K and Profit Sharing programs.
The position is full-time, requires working from the KLA office, and requires occasional travel.
To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume.